Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pub Blog

This Space For Hire

Appreciate the time and effort it takes with sorting pictures and adding reviews/text etc. I just look forward to reading the new blogs and would like more to read. If I could muster the effort to blog my visits I would.

Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Ive done three more pub crawls on my blog,
    Rochester a new one,Oxford a weekend crawl including a match at the Manor ground where Forest had a really bad day and Witney and Eynsham.
    Really enjoyed reading your Oxford crawl, Al - a city I hold dear to my heart. I especially love the pictures, which is bittersweet, seeing as many of those pubs are no longer with us...
    "Breakneck speed we drown ten pints of bitter"

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Komakino View Post
    Really enjoyed reading your Oxford crawl, Al - a city I hold dear to my heart. I especially love the pictures, which is bittersweet, seeing as many of those pubs are no longer with us...
    Many thanks for taking the time to read my blog,we really had a good time in Oxford a city i have done a few pub crawls in over the years since that one.
    My next pub crawl has just been published a bit different to Oxford in being Salford a city where i have done loads of pub crawls.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

My pleasure Al; it really was great to read. I'd certainly look forward to any more Oxford-related crawls you'd care to post. I've done the lot (considering my location), but to see your notes/photos would be awesome.

I'm presuming it's you in the photograph outside the Morrells brewery gates? I'm guessing you've maintained the same physique 25-plus years later (perhaps without the denim jacket)...?
    "Breakneck speed we drown ten pints of bitter"

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Komakino View Post

I'm presuming it's you in the photograph outside the Morrells brewery gates? I'm guessing you've maintained the same physique 25-plus years later (perhaps without the denim jacket)...?
    Yes you are spot on,it was me in the denim jacket and i dont wear them anymore,i have also stayed roughly the same weight since my early 20s,my wife is the other person posing for a photo outside the Morrells brewery gates.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

Another great pub blog from Al, from Salford in 1988. I was crawling around the same pubs about the same time so have visited most, but just a bit vague about one or two.
    Salford has suffered a huge destruction of pubs since, with only 5 of the 21 pubs still open. Only 3 with Real Ale, Eagle and the Union Tavern with Holts beers and the reopened "New" Oxford, now a Free House with many beers.