Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hungerford Club

This Space For Hire

Yes i got a pint. Just say you know Jon the tennis player...

This Space For Hire

I thought we had agreed that if is not open to the general public. it,s not fit for purpose.

This club was added yesterday and as far as I can see there is no mention at all of free membership with a CAMRA card or GBG but you actually are required to pay to get in despite it being GBG listed. Given the row that my addition of the legendary GBG listed Kinver Constitutional Club caused as opposed to this music venue it looks like Al 10000's observation that some are more equal than others is actually true!
    I should point out that I'm much more annoyed about it being GBG listed than on here!
    Last edited by Aqualung; 17-03-2016 at 19:31.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    This club was added yesterday and as far as I can see there is no mention at all of free membership with a CAMRA card or GBG but you actually are required to pay to get in despite it being GBG listed. Given the row that my addition of the legendary GBG listed Kinver Constitutional Club caused as opposed to this music venue it looks like Al 10000's observation that some are more equal than others is actually true!
    I should point out that I'm much more annoyed about it being GBG listed than on here!
    Not so fast, Mr Chuckletrousers. According to the GBG, the venue is composed of two parts: the main music room and a small front bar. The GBG states 'access to the small bar is free at all times and no membership restrictions apply'. Can't argue with that.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Not so fast, Mr Chuckletrousers. According to the GBG, the venue is composed of two parts: the main music room and a small front bar. The GBG states 'access to the small bar is free at all times and no membership restrictions apply'. Can't argue with that.
    Fair enough I missed that! Surely the Who's Who of Popular music ended long before 1984?
    I've never heard my trousers chuckling but crackling from weeks of accumulated dried out spilt beer definitely!