Ads not shown when logged in
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Quinno's 2016 challenge

One to flag - Coopers (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/stats/ch...6/coopersarms/) is not picking up The Coopers Arms/Y Cwps

Might be the '/' ?

On a broader note, a policy regarding how to display bilingual names in the pub title would be useful; I think '/' is best as (name) implies subordination.
    Last edited by Quinno; 03-02-2016 at 13:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    One to flag - Coopers (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/stats/ch...6/coopersarms/) is not picking up The Coopers Arms/Y Cwps

Might be the '/' ?

On a broader note, a policy regarding how to display bilingual names in the pub title would be useful; I think '/' is best as (name) implies subordination.
    I think the Welsh / Gaelic name should come first. Y Cwps hasn't been the Coopers Arms for at least twenty years. I don't think it's a translation either, probably more of a local nickname or abbreviation. Surely the current name should come first?

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I think the Welsh / Gaelic name should come first. Y Cwps hasn't been the Coopers Arms for at least twenty years. I don't think it's a translation either, probably more of a local nickname or abbreviation. Surely the current name should come first?
    Their FB page is bilingual with the name. WhatPub is English-only. Make of that what you will!!

Their FB page is bilingual with the name. WhatPub is English-only. Make of that what you will!!
    Gwynedd pubs where I've noticed have the Welsh name. Y Sior near Bethesda is listed as Sior with (also known as the George) underneath.

So I've been busy trundling through the lists, closing where appropriate and changing the odd name.

Now, I have hit "Last Orders". These almost exclusively appear to be a chain - http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/stats/ch...16/lastorders/

Based on the Brewdog principle, I think they need to go...

Dave, the list is down to 245 due to closures, if you could re-run to bring up the next tranche of pubs, that'd be great.

I'll stay on me own

So I've been busy trundling through the lists, closing where appropriate and changing the odd name.

Now, I have hit "Last Orders". These almost exclusively appear to be a chain - http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/stats/ch...16/lastorders/

Based on the Brewdog principle, I think they need to go...

Dave, the list is down to 245 due to closures, if you could re-run to bring up the next tranche of pubs, that'd be great.
    All of the Last Orders i have been in are normal pubs that sell dirt cheap beer to *iss heads,some do real ale and some dont,i have only been in one brewdog and will never go in one again,i think they are very different to brewdog,one does over expensive beer the other cheap beer.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

I'll stay on me own

Now on 31 on Quinnos list,not trying to do them just happen to have done them.

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Actually, on that note if you go to a town page such as http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/towns/fleet/hampshire/ you should have a new button on the right hand side under "page tools" that allows you to go and mark off visited pubs by town.
    This facility is missing on your home cities page Dave,
    i have tried to find it a few times and it is not there for Bristol,i checked the link to Fleet and it is there and i tried Derham in Norfolk and that worked.
    Is this a glitch to the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    This facility is missing on your home cities page Dave,
    i have tried to find it a few times and it is not there for Bristol,i checked the link to Fleet and it is there and i tried Derham in Norfolk and that worked.
    Is this a glitch to the system.
    I think it's because Bristol county and Bristol postal district are essentially the same thing, but are different pages in Pubs Galore. You have to click through from the county to the postal district and then the button referred to above will appear.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I think it's because Bristol county and Bristol postal district are essentially the same thing, but are different pages in Pubs Galore. You have to click through from the county to the postal district and then the button referred to above will appear.
    Nothing at all happens when I click the "visited pubs" button on any page !

I am a salmon !!