Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Hakuna Matata, Leeds

Default Hakuna Matata, Leeds

There is a request to mark the Hakuna Matata Bar in 12 Swinegate, LS1 4AG as closed because it can't be found at what now seems to be an unrelated modern block. However, many of the other references on a Google search list it nearby at 2 Briggate, LS1 4AE but its hard to ascertain whether it was actually there and if its still open at whatever the right address is. Anybody know the immediate area well enough to advise?

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

I know Leeds pretty well, but this doesn't ring a bell at all. Mind you, with a name like that it doesn't seem the sort of venue to entice most forum users. Unfortunately, it's in a pocket of the city I don't normally frequent, but I'll try and clear it up the next time I'm there, assuming someone doesn't beat me to it.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

The Royal Mail lists The Cosmopolitan Hotel/Golden Lion Hotel at 2 Briggate LS1 4AE and Park Lane Properties at 12 Swinegate LS1 4AG. Looking at Google Earth (2012 image) neither building is like the one photographed by John Mcgraw in 2006. The Royal Mail and Google agree. 2 Briggate is the corner of Briggate and Swinegate.

Looks like the building containing the place was demolished between 2006 and 2012, the reflections in the upper windows might be the Charles Walker building on the corner of Sovereign St.