Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hull pub crawl 18th March 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    I think the point some of us were making last year was that we don't want to get stuck into a strict pattern of North/South/Mid. However one question I would raise is what is the best time of year to visit Oxford? Is it possible that by mid June some of the students have buggered off or doesn't it make much difference?

HILARY TERM: Sunday 17th January - Saturday 12th March 2016

Friday, 18th March, anyone?
    Come On You Hatters!

For the record I voted for Oxford and Huddersfield, I would prefer the latter in the summer but whenever It would be a lot easier and cheaper on a Saturday, but then I suppose that will kick off a Friday bias.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Can we at least agree that if Oxford is chosen for March ,then the summer venue is in the North ???

As Will points out only Liverpool,Leeds and York have ever been visited by the PuG crawl in the 5 years this has been going on.That seems wrong to me if we are talking about a fair distribution of venues across the country which I understood to be guiding principle .
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

The votes on the poll are multiple per person. Oxford seems to be basically a destination people want to do anyway, so if we then pick the two from the North with most votes, we can schedule them in.

So how about the following for 2016; North - South (Ox) - North in that order? That gets North closer to parity by the end of the year in terms of the three 'zones' and means ROBCamra has less to moan about it is important to try and be equitable over the medium-term.

Of course, if we had any Welsh, Irish or Scottish peeps who wanted to get in on the whole PuG crawl thing...
    Last edited by Quinno; 11-12-2015 at 11:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post

Of course, if we had any Welsh, Irish or Scottish peeps who wanted to get in on the whole PuG crawl thing...
    Not much scope for a decent sized crawl in North Wales. . That's why I voted for Chester for my 1st crawl with Manchester/Stockport as another option.
    Shame I missed Liverpool.

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    For the record I voted for Oxford and Huddersfield, I would prefer the latter in the summer but whenever It would be a lot easier and cheaper on a Saturday, but then I suppose that will kick off a Friday bias.
    Fridays probably suit people who dont work full time anymore,

Most people who travel on a regular basis will know that it is always more expensive on a Friday.

I do work full time and work a half day on Friday but get payed for a full day has i have worked the extra hours on Monday to Thursday,so i will never book a Friday off to do a pub crawl.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

I think the point is that people prefer a Friday as it means firstly that you don't have work tomorrow or need to take an extra day plus there is the option of staying over and exploring further. There is also a plus that the weekend remains for those with family commitments. I work full time and Friday is the best day for me.
    Ok, maybe just for one......................

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    I think the point is that people prefer a Friday as it means firstly that you don't have work tomorrow or need to take an extra day plus there is the option of staying over and exploring further. There is also a plus that the weekend remains for those with family commitments. I work full time and Friday is the best day for me.
    Ditto...

Thats fair enough and seems to be par for the course for most, but doesn't necessarily work for everybody.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

I'll stay on me own

Well i will stick to doing my 22 or 23 pub crawls on a Saturday and have a lye in on a Sunday when i dont work.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others