Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wetherspoons and Micro Pubs

I'll stay on me own

Default Wetherspoons and Micro Pubs

Chalk and Cheese,one large the other small.

Just asking how many of each any members have done,i took my micro pubs from the the Pubs Galore list

I thought i had done more Wetherspoons than i have actually done after looking at my pub list.

Any way

Wetherspoons done 165

Micro pubs done 8

I would be very interested to see how many other members have done of each.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Chalk and Cheese,one large the other small.

Just asking how many of each any members have done,i took my micro pubs from the the Pubs Galore list

I thought i had done more Wetherspoons than i have actually done after looking at my pub list.

Any way

Wetherspoons done 165

Micro pubs done 8

I would be very interested to see how many other members have done of each.
    I like both very much!
    About a month ago I counted 288 Spoons so it's just over 300 now. I'm not counting ones I've been to that are now closed which is going to become an increasing nuisance in the coming months. I can think of five from years ago that I've been to but not reviewed here.
    I've never totalled the number of micropubs but a quick reckoning tells me 21.
    I've marked two newish ones as micropubs tonight in Driffield and Southport. They are recent additions to the Association list.

This Space For Hire

Visited about 25 Wetherspoons maybe reviewed about 10.No micropubs yet.They don't seem to have caught on in inner London or West.

No Idea how many spoons I've been in,probably around the same as London Calling above, 25 or 30, which is a lot considering I don't particularly like them all that much. Two micro pubs to date, Cobbetts Micropub, several times,its very good and The Beer Shop on the PUG St Albans meet up. I like the Micropub concept very much, like Al said, chalk and cheese.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Tell a lie .I have been to a micro pub but not probably recognised by the association of such . the Beer Shop Nunhead loud music, cask and lagers--We Bought Beer Clapham -offie with 4 keg beers and a garden to drink them in -London Beer Shop -Piccadilly keg beers only but tiny(they think its the smallest in London)but I know better.Brixton Port Authority Brixton houses in a 40 ft container but the bar area is only about 10ft x 10ft.They do cask as well

I've just gone through the lists and by my reckoning I've been to 109 Wetherspoons (plus at least one more that has since been closed) and 13 micro pubs. I'm quite happy at either end of this particular spectrum and they can both add some welcome variety and interest when on a pub crawl, but I think both have limitations that prevent them from ticking all the boxes to be a truly outstanding pub. Maybe there are some out there that will convince me otherwise, but I have yet to find them.

This Space For Hire

Thank god for Wetherspoons when you are bursting for a pee.You can get in and out of them without buying a drink.Probably reviewed the toilets on at least a dozen without having a drink on Bogs Galore.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Thank god for Wetherspoons when you are bursting for a pee.You can get in and out of them without buying a drink.Probably reviewed the toilets on at least a dozen without having a drink on Bogs Galore.
    I've done the same in the Hamilton Hall many times

I must have been in dozens of Wetherspoons but I don't have a count, do they still print their Directory? I'm a big fan of micropubs, I reckon I've been to 18 that you could call micropubs but not all are in the Association. I've got 4 more on my immediate list including a planned one in Harrogate, and The Rat Race and Golden Smog when I get to Teesside again.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I must have been in dozens of Wetherspoons but I don't have a count, do they still print their Directory?
    Yes, they published a new one a month or two ago.
    Alternatively this list by the man who possibly knows more about Spoons than Tim Martin is very useful.