Ads not shown when logged in
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Wetherspoons and Micro Pubs

This Space For Hire

Hmm.... You may be getting close to my dad's total with the amount remaining to do although he has done airport ones but still has a bunch to do in Scotland close to double figures from memory. I'll find his figure out when I go to visit next Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Hmm.... You may be getting close to my dad's total with the amount remaining to do although he has done airport ones but still has a bunch to do in Scotland close to double figures from memory. I'll find his figure out when I go to visit next Friday.
    Scotland by public transport is challenging to say the least! However, the train journey from Glasgow to Fort William is truly magnificent (it wasn't raining). The one to Wick is dull in comparison with the highlight being that parts of the Northern end of it are completely bare apart from the railway itself, no buildings, walls, roads, trees or any sign of habitation just totally barren moorland.

This Space For Hire

I was in the Kings Tun on Friday night with my son and at 9.00pm they asked us to move as they remove about 15-20 tables and have a disco Fri and Sat. So they turned it into a micropub.Six bouncers (doormen)on .They also checked all ID for those younguns that were already in the pub .Thought it was a bit big brotherish but was leaving anyway. Great beer great prices.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    I was in the Kings Tun on Friday night with my son and at 9.00pm they asked us to move as they remove about 15-20 tables and have a disco Fri and Sat. So they turned it into a micropub.Six bouncers (doormen)on .They also checked all ID for those younguns that were already in the pub .Thought it was a bit big brotherish but was leaving anyway. Great beer great prices.
    That's the trouble with the Lloyds bars, it's unusual to find one with decent beer. They've sold off a whole load of them but there are still some where they start playing crap music at around 21:00 on weekdays as well.

With three closures at Dagenham, Newport (S Wales) and Aberdeen Airport the adjusted totals are :-

Open Spoons visited 851
    Open Spoons not visited 16
    Airport Spoons 15

Total 882

No known changes now until the two new Norfolk ones next month. No new visits for me until April!
    Last edited by Aqualung; 19-02-2018 at 15:04.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    With three closures at Dagenham, Swansea and Aberdeen Airport the adjusted totals are :-

Open Spoons visited 851
    Open Spoons not visited 16
    Airport Spoons 15

Total 882

No known changes now until the two new Norfolk ones next month. No new visits for me until April!
    I asked my Dad about his numbers and from his pamphlet he has created regarding the pictures he still needs to take/receive off myself or you.... His figures stand at out of the 1100 pubs Wetherspoons have opened he's been to 1060 of them so has 40 to do including Airports and Ireland. The odd anomaly in his list was the Aberdeen one that's closed before he's done it apparently yet on the list it wasn't highlighted as one he needed to do for a photo so might be removed from total as he can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    I asked my Dad about his numbers and from his pamphlet he has created regarding the pictures he still needs to take/receive off myself or you.... His figures stand at out of the 1100 pubs Wetherspoons have opened he's been to 1060 of them so has 40 to do including Airports and Ireland. The odd anomaly in his list was the Aberdeen one that's closed before he's done it apparently yet on the list it wasn't highlighted as one he needed to do for a photo so might be removed from total as he can't do it.
    I don't think I can get to 1,000 visited including closed ones and airports. I know I've been to well over 50 closed ones but don't think it's getting anywhere near the 100 mark. I have been to some of the earliest outlets in North and East London but not the very first one in N10. I've corrected the deliberate error in my original post where I said Swansea instead of Newport!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I don't think I can get to 1,000 visited including closed ones and airports. I know I've been to well over 50 closed ones but don't think it's getting anywhere near the 100 mark. I have been to some of the earliest outlets in North and East London but not the very first one in N10. I've corrected the deliberate error in my original post where I said Swansea instead of Newport!
    I notice one you haven't done is the Admiral Collingwood in Ilfracombe.I nearly did it.I walked into the pub which was absolutely stunning when my phone rang and my wife said where the feck are you, are we here to have a holiday or are you just going to visit pubs all week.Stupidly I scampered out but should have quickly grabbed a beer and reviewed it.My wife is a spoilsport.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    I notice one you haven't done is the Admiral Collingwood in Ilfracombe.
    That's one of the Devon Seven, my final English ones as of now. I'm hoping to address them all in April but it's a large County and not the easiest one to get around by public transport. You have my sympathy with the Trouble and Strife, I resisted the temptation to use the current Viz rhyming slang to avoid causing any offence.

This Space For Hire

Which 6 others in Devon do you still need to do other than Ilfracombe?