Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Feedback Please - The Great JW Lees Beer Hop

Teetotal

Default Feedback Please - The Great JW Lees Beer Hop

Hi there everyone,

I really hope you don't mind me posting this here - however I am looking for some feedback on a project I am working on at the moment.

I am working on behalf of JW Lees who have just 'soft launched' their Beer Hop campaign in four pubs in Greater Manchester (Rain Bar, Rose of Lancaster, Spread Eagle and Lloyds)

http://www.beerhop.co.uk/

On the site, users are asked their favourite flavour and colour of ale, before the roulette wheel spins and produces three suggestions for the users to try that are perfectly suited to their tastes.

I was just wondering if any of you guys would mind giving the wheel a quick spin and tell me what you think about the beer selection it gives you at the end?

Thank-you and please don't be afraid to tell me exactly what you think as all feedback and critique is useful!

Awful.

I selected hoppy, crisp and gold and it came up with 2 lagers and MPA.

I MIGHT have an MPA if nothing else was available, but it isn't really hoppy anyway, but I wouldn't be drinking lager.

Needs a lot more work.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by bexmoss86 View Post
    Hi there everyone,

I really hope you don't mind me posting this here - however I am looking for some feedback on a project I am working on at the moment.

I am working on behalf of JW Lees who have just 'soft launched' their Beer Hop campaign in four pubs in Greater Manchester (Rain Bar, Rose of Lancaster, Spread Eagle and Lloyds)

http://www.beerhop.co.uk/

On the site, users are asked their favourite flavour and colour of ale, before the roulette wheel spins and produces three suggestions for the users to try that are perfectly suited to their tastes.

I was just wondering if any of you guys would mind giving the wheel a quick spin and tell me what you think about the beer selection it gives you at the end?

Thank-you and please don't be afraid to tell me exactly what you think as all feedback and critique is useful!
    They recommended Original Lager and Bohemia Regent for me!

I don't think I will risk Another spin!!

Couldn't find criteria for earthy or nettley, so not much use for me! Pointed me to MPA and some abominable lager...
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Couldn't find criteria for earthy or nettley, so not much use for me! Pointed me to MPA and some abominable lager...
    Yes, earthy and nettley, whatever happened to English hops?

I went for malty, hoppy and hazel brown, and the spinning reels came up with Brewers Dark, which is described as sweet, malty, chocolate...and mahogany in colour! Just one out of my three criteria. (And if a beer isn't malty, is it really a beer, anyway?) If they were being a little more honest, they would suggest some non-JW Lees beers if the requested combination didn't come up with anything like.
    Come On You Hatters!

Tried hoppy , zesty and crisp and golden colour first time , and got Original Lager,Bohemia Regent and JW Lees Bitter,( I would be tempted maybe to try the Bohemia),
    did a second run pretty much the opposite criteria, (I do like both ends of the spectrum), Chocolate and Mahogany and got Brewers Dark, (fair enough,not tried but may be ok), MPA ,(Manchester Pale Ale) Chocolate and Mahogany? really? And yet again JW Lees Bitter which appears to be not only hoppy,zesty ,crisp and golden but also Chocolate and Mahogany very flexible indeed, but probably not for me.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields