Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Bradford suggestions

Default Bradford suggestions

Got a work jolly in Bradford this coming Monday and cos there's no way to get there from Reading on the day it's a Sunday overnighter. So you know what my next question's gonna be:

Any recommendations?! I'm with two others so my usual bang-through-10-pubs-on-halves isn't gonna happen, so I just want the cream of the central Bradford crop.

Also any good curry houses as well...
    Last edited by Quinno; 12-10-2015 at 11:45.

Jacobs Beer House
    Brew Factory - Bradford Brewery tap
    City Gent - architecture as well as an OK beer selection, but all well kept.
    Record Cafe - Good beer, great charcuterie boards.
    Sparrow
    Beerhouse

All in the centre. Some good pubs further out, but need a walk.

A pub is for life not just for Christmas

I agree, any of the bars along North Parade are worthwhile you could also add Haigy's before it shuts for good (check opening hours) it's not far from the Bradford Brewery and there's always the New Beehive also nearby but only for architecture; the beer choice is often poor but not bad quality (it's run by the husband of the lady who runs Jacobs which is has much better choice and quality). A bit further from Foster Sq and across the valley is the Corn Dolly.

Jacobs is next to Interchange Station the others are nearer Foster Sq. If you're down the bottom of the hill for Jacobs you could give the Old Bank a try it might have improved and there's the City Vaults or maybe the Sam Smiths Shoulder of Mutton (possibly no real ale). The place is stiff with curry houses but I don't know the quality in that part of Bradford. A bus from outside Jacobs (down the hill to the right) will take you close to the Fighting Cock.

If time is limited I'd stick with North Parade.

Al's Dime Bar
    The Beerhouse
    The Sparrow
    The City Gent
    Record Cafe
    The Brew Factory

New Beehive Inn
    Haigys

Jacobs Beer House
    The Old Bank
    City Vaults
    The Shoulder Of Mutton

The Corn Dolly
    The Fighting Cock

PS just remembered Jacobs is shut on Sundays.
    Last edited by oldboots; 12-10-2015 at 16:50.

Thanks both! I really want to do the Corn Dolly - I suspect I may have to invest £££ in a taxi up there though...! North Parade Ave looks like the lazy man's pub strip, I suspect that will be where we head...!

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Thanks both! I really want to do the Corn Dolly - I suspect I may have to invest £££ in a taxi up there though...! North Parade Ave looks like the lazy man's pub strip, I suspect that will be where we head...!
    It's quite easy to walk to from Foster Square station, you come out the bottom door and walk almost straight ahead for about 7 minutes, depends where you start from of course, and where you're going later. North Parade isn't far from the top door of Foster Square.

This Space For Hire

Is that because your mates drink pints? Sack them off and just go off on your own, it's what I always do with work related trips. Although mine involve a pint and at least 10 different locations and my lesser drinking mates will go back to hotel and just let me crack on as they know what I'm like.