Ads not shown when logged in
Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: How much?

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Not so much won't as can't.
    Well exactly.

This Space For Hire

Wethrspoons in Kingston had london.pride at.£2.39 a pint today.Might be a one off but now Asahi own Fullers no reason why they won't sell to Wetherspoons

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Asahi own Fullers no reason why they won't sell to Wetherspoons
    Asahi bought the Griffin Brewery but not the pubs?

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Well yes, it's Asahi that sell the beer and presumably own the brand name on the beer.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Fullers have always refused to sell beer to Wetherspoons at the price they were willing to pay.The last i heard its £75 a firkin.Some Wetherspoons managers are allowed to buy a local beer at higher price. Now Asahi are the owners and have the capacity to pile it high and sell it cheap they might be interested in supplying Wetherspoons.Fullers standard price in their pubs is about £5.40. Doesnt look a good comparison with Wetherspoons price

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Well yes, it's Asahi that sell the beer and presumably own the brand name on the beer.
    Asahi i think own the rights to brew and distribute it but Fullers still own the names.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Fullers have always refused to sell beer to Wetherspoons at the price they were willing to pay.The last i heard its £75 a firkin.Some Wetherspoons managers are allowed to buy a local beer at higher price. Now Asahi are the owners and have the capacity to pile it high and sell it cheap they might be interested in supplying Wetherspoons.Fullers standard price in their pubs is about £5.40. Doesnt look a good comparison with Wetherspoons price
    The White Swan (JD Wetherspoon) had Pride exactly a year ago to the day; I thought Pride was a 'spoons staple, but as I very rarely go to them (this was a loo break) I'm no expert.

This Space For Hire

Vocation - Smash and Grab £3.8/can from the website but just £3 in Morrisons as part of their 4-for-3 offer. Couldn't see a slab of 48 cans though..!

This Space For Hire

As a typical non-'spoons user, I was wondering if The Barrel Vault (JD Wetherspoon) is unique in selling a standard cask pint (not their typical GK IPA, Abbot, Gloom rubbish) at £4.40, or is it just this venue? I can get a pint in a quality ale house such as the Cock, Southampton or nearby Queens Head for a fair bit less.

This Space For Hire

Paid £4.39 for a pint in Victoria station spoons on ttuesday.They charge a premium price in station pubs similar to the ones in the airports.The same night paid £2.69 in Bromley .