Ads not shown when logged in
Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: How much?

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    - The Burlington Arms £2.30 for a half of Ghost Ship and in the heart of Mayfair too.
    Bargain.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

At the Alex in WImbledon on Friday, a Youngs pub, the cheapest was the Ordinary (sorry, Original) at £5.05, Special I think £5.20 and Proper Job £5.40, going up to Wimbledon Common, presumably rated as a guest, at £5.50. Quite apart from being at the high end, and charging too much for a local ale , it struck me as rather silly having 10p or so differences between the beers.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    At the Alex in WImbledon on Friday, a Youngs pub, the cheapest was the Ordinary (sorry, Original) at £5.05, Special I think £5.20 and Proper Job £5.40, going up to Wimbledon Common, presumably rated as a guest, at £5.50. Quite apart from being at the high end, and charging too much for a local ale , it struck me as rather silly having 10p or so differences between the beers.
    Bunch of Grapes - £2.70 for a half of Special last night.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    At the Alex in WImbledon on Friday, a Youngs pub, the cheapest was the Ordinary (sorry, Original) at £5.05, ... and charging too much for a local ale , ....

There's been nothing local about it since they shut the brewery 15 years ago.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    And now brewed by Marstons.

This Space For Hire

Had a pint of Marble -earl grey ipa 6.5 for £4.70 in the Express Brentford last week but the same beer was at the Willoughby Arms beer fest this weekend for £6 a pint.Both on cask.

In York on Saturday at the Fox & Roman on Tadcaster Road (near the racecourse). A Vintage Inns pub but there's nothing old fashioned about the prices. Black Sheep Bitter was £4.15, and when I switched to Timothy Taylor Landlord it was £4.85, which is pretty close to London prices. (On a recent crawl in York none of the beers breached the £4 mark, so those prices at the F&R are seriously high for this part of the world.)
    Come On You Hatters!

£5 for a Brew York Tonkoko (the ordinary 4.3% one) in the York Tap last Friday. It is a place that has suffered a loss of reputation lately.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    £5 for a Brew York Tonkoko (the ordinary 4.3% one) in the York Tap last Friday. It is a place that has suffered a loss of reputation lately.
    Too many beers, not enough customers? With prices like that, it wouldn't be surprising if sales fell off a little.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    And now brewed by Marstons.
    Quite, but my point was the Wimbledon Common, which is definitely local and brewed in Merton, was the most expensive and can be had in other pubs nearby much cheaper.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement