Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: How much?

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Got charged £5.15 for Darkstar -green hop in the Craft beer co Covent garden tonight. Superb beer.
    It is a superb beer, crazy price,this is a reflection of the stupid prices prices being charged for craft keg beers and the idiots who pay it on a regular basis. This is more Pub/Bar greed rather than the breweries charging I would say.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    This is more Pub/Bar greed rather than the breweries charging I would say.
    Red Squirrel told me exactly that. I had a pint of the 7.5% Springhead Double Jeopardy for three quid at Callans Micropub in Hebden Bridge yesterday. It's old school and was superb so is my (non Spoons) bargain of the week.

This Space For Hire

Debated about buying a Weird Beard beer in a new bottleshop/bar last night but decided too expensive. Did a job in a beer shop today and the guy said have a beer so I picked the beer I nearly paid for last night.Free tastes better I hope.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Debated about buying a Weird Beard beer in a new bottleshop/bar last night but decided too expensive. Did a job in a beer shop today and the guy said have a beer so I picked the beer I nearly paid for last night.Free tastes better I hope.
    So John, the price was..?

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    So John, the price was..?
    Cant actually be positive as I was told the price of a few beers at once but think £5.95(to drink in) but all the prices were high and I just zoned out and was thinking fook that.I was thinking Aqualung could get 3 pint in Mcspoons,the northern contingent who drink in real pubs could probably get 2 pints,Moby in Hampshire could get a pint and a half and I get a less than a pint bottle of beer.But to be fair drank it tonight and it was lovely where as 6 of the 9 beers I drank at the Wandsworth beer fest all about £4 a pint were pretty kak.Sometimes its worth the extra.

Aqualung could get 3 pint in Mcspoons
    Even 4 standard guests in the Liverpool Lime Kiln last summer where the beer quality was excallent. Most standard prices in outer London are nearer or over £2.50 nowadays unless it's a festival, cheapskate Monday or the January Sale. .

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Even 4 standard guests in the Liverpool Lime Kiln last summer where the beer quality was excallent. Most standard prices in outer London are nearer or over £2.50 nowadays unless it's a festival, cheapskate Monday or the January Sale. .
    I had Triton Sin Bin on cask, sub 4.0% I think although the bottled stuff is 6.2%, at The Nonsuch Inn, North Cheam last week at £1.99, I didn't think the beer was particularly anything special though.
    -W.C.Fields

I had Triton Sin Bin on cask, sub 4.0% I think although the bottled stuff is 6.2%, at The Nonsuch Inn, North Cheam last week at £1.99, I didn't think the beer was particularly anything special though.
    Spoons put their prices up in October so I would guess it's now £2.05 excluding Monday, festivals and the January sale. That one would be cheaper because it's a bit remote, ie not near a shopping centre or transport hub. It's a different story in Sutton or even worse Wimbledon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Spoons put their prices up in October so I would guess it's now £2.05 excluding Monday, festivals and the January sale. That one would be cheaper because it's a bit remote, ie not near a shopping centre or transport hub. It's a different story in Sutton or even worse Wimbledon.
    Having just read your BOTW its clear I misidentified the beer, it was obviously Liberation Sin Bin ,not Triton.
    -W.C.Fields

Having just read your BOTW its clear I misidentified the beer, it was obviously Liberation Sin Bin ,not Triton.
    OK, I found it on Friday in the Surrey Docks at Rotherhithe. I thought it was fairly unmemorable but should have predicted that as it's a themed beer and I don't recall ever trying a good one!
    I've never heard of Triton.