Page 39 of 63 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: How much?

Try The Whisky Exchange.

They have 30 year old Speyside malts for :-

£250 Inchgower
    £275 Glenrothes
    £255 Tormore

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/se...r+ols+speyside

I looked here before I bought Ms CAMRA a 12 year old whisky for considerably less last Xmas.
    Last edited by ROBCamra; 18-02-2021 at 14:44.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Thanks chaps, I shall have another look at those...

This Space For Hire

Went in Tesco last week for some beers.The eastern European girl who scanned my beers scanned the Buxton beer I bought ,then cancelled it and scanned it again.She said to me do you realise this is £5. She was shocked at how much .

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Went in Tesco last week for some beers.The eastern European girl who scanned my beers scanned the Buxton beer I bought ,then cancelled it and scanned it again.She said to me do you realise this is £5. She was shocked at how much .
    Was that the new Lemon Sorbert one?
    I brought a can of BrewDog Mallow Laser Quest 6.0% and Northern Rock Northern Star 5.2% in Tescos yesterday, both at £2.00 each with my club card, normal price £2.40. Yet to see if this was a bargain or not.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    I was just saying to the lass in Beer Central in Sheffield's Moor Market today, with a 440ml can in each hand with price stickers saying £8.50 and £8.95, that this time last year I rarely paid over £7 for a bottle of wine, and if I paid more than £4 for a pint of beer in a pub I would say something sarcastic about London prices (unless I was in London, in which case it was a bargain). Now I'm paying nearly £9 for a very short pint, and smiling.

Can't wait for pubs to reopen...
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Was that the new Lemon Sorbert one?
    I brought a can of BrewDog Mallow Laser Quest 6.0% and Northern Rock Northern Star 5.2% in Tescos yesterday, both at £2.00 each with my club card, normal price £2.40. Yet to see if this was a bargain or not.
    Yes the lemon sorbet.Worth every penny.

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Now I'm paying nearly £9 for a very short pint, and smiling.
    Blimey, should I call the nurse?

Real Ale Drinker

After buying beer from supermarkets for a good while I'm happily having a drink outside a few pubs, nice weather and all, and I seem to be saying "HOW MUCH!?" after every pint ordered now.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    After buying beer from supermarkets for a good while I'm happily having a drink outside a few pubs, nice weather and all, and I seem to be saying "HOW MUCH!?" after every pint ordered now.
    Of the six of so pubs we've sat outside lately everywhere was more than £4 a pint. Fair enough if they've staffed up appropriately to provide efficient table service, I'm not so sympathetic if you're made to queue up at a hatch and they use plastic glasses. Or are made to faff around on your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Of the six of so pubs we've sat outside lately everywhere was more than £4 a pint. Fair enough if they've staffed up appropriately to provide efficient table service, I'm not so sympathetic if you're made to queue up at a hatch and they use plastic glasses. Or are made to faff around on your phone.
    If that was the case I wouldn't be going there unless it was absolutely unavoidable.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields