Ads not shown when logged in
Page 32 of 63 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: How much?

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    so am I going insane?
    No you are not, there are loads of great pubs in London, some more expensive than others.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    I'm pretty sure that there are some great pubs in London, so am I going insane?
    No; but you are guilty of selective quoting, Aqualung’s statement included the word “most” which you chose not to include in your quote. Naughty fake noos, you bad boy.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    No; but you are guilty of selective quoting, Aqualung’s statement included the word “most” which you chose not to include in your quote. Naughty fake noos, you bad boy.
    Oops - that was accidental, but in any case I think it would have been a better point if I had said that I'm unaware of any real evidence that London has a greater proportion of "rubbish pubs" than any other region.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Was it any good?
    Surprisingly I didn't try it.Strangely enough I had my 10,000 different beer in there yesterday and I always though I would buy something special to mark it.I had already decided just to drink one I fancied as it is no more important to my total than all the shit Cottage,Weltons and Caledonian beers I have drank over the years.
    Siren -living the dream stout 6.3(with lactose,barrel aged coffee,cocao nibs and maple wood).Just a version of Broken Dream stout but lovely and only £3.50 a pint
    I don't like Lambics,saisons or sours so it was never really a contender.
    Last edited by london calling; 09-06-2019 at 20:22.

This Space For Hire

I tell a lie .The first pint was free but as I had paid for my first 2 halves £3.50 I actually got the beer for free.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I meant to include that word but edited it in afterwards. Is it only me that can see the notice about the edit? I did include the reason to make it more obvious.

I've not been to a single London pub that I can recall this year with the exception of some JDWs, mainly just two and sadly the Walnut Tree is showing signs of going back into decline. I certainly don't feel I'm missing out on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Siren -living the dream stout 6.3(with lactose,barrel aged coffee,cocao nibs and maple wood).Just a version of Broken Dream stout but lovely and only £3.50 a pint
    I was just going to question the price thinking I had the same beer in Manchester last year, but a quick check told me I had Siren Shattered Dream which was 10.0% and cost me £4.00 a third .
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I meant to include that word but edited it in afterwards. Is it only me that can see the notice about the edit? I did include the reason to make it more obvious.
    So not fake noos after all OB!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I was just going to question the price thinking I had the same beer in Manchester last year, but a quick check told me I had Siren Shattered Dream which was 10.0% and cost me £4.00 a third .
    Cask Pub and Kitchen10th birthday celebration all casks £3.50,first pint free,free t-shirt,free sweat shirt and cap.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Cask Pub and Kitchen10th birthday celebration all casks £3.50,first pint free,free t-shirt,free sweat shirt and cap.
    Very nice indeed.
    -W.C.Fields