Ads not shown when logged in
Page 28 of 63 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: How much?

Cloudwater x Green Cheek Dry Stout (5.9%) - £7.20 a pint at Birmingham's Wellington.
    "Breakneck speed we drown ten pints of bitter"

Quote Originally Posted by Komakino View Post
    Cloudwater x Green Cheek Dry Stout (5.9%) - £7.20 a pint at Birmingham's Wellington.
    OK, I see your hybrid Dry Stout 5.9% @ £7.20 per pint and raise you a half of Sharps Doom Bar 4% plus a half of Greene King IPA 3.6% for just short of £6 here.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    OK, I see your hybrid Dry Stout 5.9% @ £7.20 per pint and raise you a half of Sharps Doom Bar 4% plus a half of Greene King IPA 3.6% for just short of £6 here.
    I did get close to you at this place a couple of years ago. Thankfully it's now changed hands...
    "Breakneck speed we drown ten pints of bitter"

I did get close to you at this place a couple of years ago. Thankfully it's now changed hands...
    £4.50 a pint but £2.75 for a half? They were having a larf, weren't they?

To be fair to the person who served me at the Marylebone station pub, her tone of voice and body language were sympathetic and slightly embarrassed at having to charge so much. I didn't think to ask how much a pint would have been...
    Come On You Hatters!

Real Ale Drinker

Erm, Castle Rock Fruit v2, or whatever it is, 4.5% on cask in Head Of Steam Liverpool. £2.80, for half? Er, go fuck yourself.

Half a pint of loveliness,
    Amundsen Marshmallow Hot Chocolate Imperial Stout..jpg
    Just £4.50 for the measure, to be sipped not chucked down the throat in the Kings Arms.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Half a pint of loveliness,
    Amundsen Marshmallow Hot Chocolate Imperial Stout..jpg
    Just £4.50 for the measure, to be sipped not chucked down the throat in the Kings Arms

I had a pint of keg Blue Monkey Chimperial Stout for the same price in the Loughborough Organ Grinder yesterday. It's 8.5% and considering thy charge £3.20 for BG Sips is very good value. It was my "one for the road"!

Just Missed the Round

How much??

I had that same beer in The Petersgate Tap at the weekend and although I can't be 100% sure I seem to recall it being around £4.50 a pint.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I had a pint of keg Blue Monkey Chimperial Stout for the same price in the Loughborough Organ Grinder yesterday. It's 8.5% and considering thy charge £3.20 for BG Sips is very good value. It was my "one for the road"!
    The Amundsen Stout was 10.5% hence the half and very much last one for the road, I have no problem paying these prices for beer of such quality, as a one off on a day out, It was a beautiful thing but to be honest a half was plenty enough.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    The Amundsen Stout was 10.5% hence the half and very much last one for the road, I have no problem paying these prices for beer of such quality, as a one off on a day out, It was a beautiful thing but to be honest a half was plenty enough.
    Fair enough but I wouldn't have gone to that price especially as I would have had a pint even if surreptitiously. I've not heard of the beer / brewery and wonder if it is a UK one and if it was keg. I don't expect beers of that strength to be cheap as I know they attract the "park bench task" but if I do see them at a good price I'll give them a go. Sadly the days of cask 12% Romanov Stout at £1.99 a pint in the Leyton KW4 are lone gone! I can see a lot of transferring of beer to a bigger glass going on when I go to the Perth Brewdog in May.