Ads not shown when logged in
Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: How much?

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I've only been to it as the Watney Jolly Gardeners!
    You obviously tried it when it had decent beer then.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    You obviously tried it when it had decent beer then.

Like most of the pubs to the North of Euston Road it was a basic boozer. It was the early 70s so I'm pretty sure there was no real ale but the dreaded Watneys Red.
    This last week will have given an object lesson as to why places like this and micropubs without a proper cold room are such a bad idea.

This Space For Hire

I have been in 13 pubs this week and only two had warm beer.They were both Camra GBG pubs. I asked for 4 ice cubes for my pint of Redwell -stout to make it drinkable.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

There I was in The Rake ,admiring their new colourful screen listing the beer selection,when I notice keg Cloudwater NW DIPA 9% listed at £6.70 a half ,or £13.40 a pint.

It maybe an Imperial IPA but at that price I didn't partake.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    There I was in The Rake ,admiring their new colourful screen listing the beer selection,when I notice keg Cloudwater NW DIPA 9% listed at £6.70 a half ,or £13.40 a pint.

Definitely beyond the pale.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post

http://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/D...-price-of-pint
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

"Being charged £130+ for a 20l keg by the distributor [means] we are always going to struggle to keep the price down..."

£130+ for 20 litres works out at around £3.70 for a pint. So their "mark up" is £9.70 on top of that?
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    "Being charged £130+ for a 20l keg by the distributor [means] we are always going to struggle to keep the price down..."

£130+ for 20 litres works out at around £3.70 for a pint. So their "mark up" is £9.70 on top of that?
    but it's AWESOME

There is £2.68 of VAT on that £13.40 (assuming I've calculated it correctly which I probably haven't). They've got their own brewery in Stratford, why don't they brew it themselves? I blame the tickers!!
    I went in a couple of Holt's pubs today, the mild was £2.22 and the bitter £2.28. One big gripe is that one of them had Doom Bore on. I didn't bother to ask how much it was.

This Space For Hire

I was in the Rake last night and Cloudwater beer has sold out but they did have verdant/northern monk-noibu 5.5 at £9.00 a pint.Seemed a bargain to me. Had 2 halves of superbly conditioned cask beer at probably £4.50.