Ads not shown when logged in
Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: How much?

As an antidote to the largely doom and gloom on this thread I had a pint of RCH Goldbine yesterday for £1.39 and it was fine. Other than that I didn't think much of this place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Siren Craft Bourbon Milkshake 11.0% ABV, I paid £3.40 for a third on keykeg in the Nags Head Reading today, it was worth every penny, one of the most amazing beers I have ever tasted. Needless to say a 1/3 was good enough, any more would spell disaster.
    Siren Acid Jam 9.7%, £4.45 a third in the Craft at Aldgate yesterday, lovely.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Siren Acid Jam 9.7%, £4.45 a third in the Craft at Aldgate yesterday, lovely.
    You do like your Siren.Won the lottery recently?

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    You do like your Siren.Won the lottery recently?
    That would help.
    -W.C.Fields

Paid a Sam Smith's-like £1.20 for a half of Woodforde's Wherry The Wheeltapper in Rugby last week.
    "Breakneck speed we drown ten pints of bitter"

In the Lake District recently I was in an old favourite of mine, the Britannia at Elterwater. This is a tourist pub par excellence, but they always have half a dozen real ales on the go and I've never had a bad pint there. I usually go in winter when it's relatively quiet, but it's nice to go at this time of year before the summer holidays get going. Anyway, I fancied a Sneck Lifter to finish off the evening. All the other beers had their prices written on a card attached to the hand pump and they were all £3.70. The Sneck Lifter's card was slightly hidden by a charity box or something, so when I was presented with my pint it came as quite a shock to be told it was £4.80.

Earlier the same day I'd stopped in Coniston. I was surprised to see a banner stating that the Yewdale had been awarded Camra's regional pub of the year 2016/17. I went in and had a beer - this is not even the best pub in Coniston village, never mind in the Camra region. (See this from the Camra website - I can't find any support from Google for the Yewdale.)I didn't have time to go to the Sun or the Crown, but the Black Bull is just across the road. I was struggling to get a view of the pump clips through the crowd at the bar, but finally I spotted No9 Barley Wine 8.5%. I had a half, though I was cycling so really shouldn't. Absolute nectar. And a snip at £2.75 for a half. One of the locals asked the barman for a taste - cheeky bugger! He got a third of a glass, which by my reckoning comes to about 90p of free beer.
    Last edited by sheffield hatter; 19-06-2017 at 19:57.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Had a pint of Oakham -bishops farewell for £1.85 in Wetherspoons yesterday.My kind of price. Not related but everytime I see the Bree Liouse as north Londons best pub I cringe.

Not related but everytime I see the Bree Liouse as north London's best pub I cringe.
    you are not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    you are not alone.
    Indeed he is not.
    -W.C.Fields

Everytime I see the Bree Liouse as north Londons best pub I cringe.
    I've only been to it as the Watney Jolly Gardeners!