Ads not shown when logged in
Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: How much?

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Wise man.
    The annoying thing is that when I first started drinking real ale Young's was a revered name. In the E5 Prince of Wales people used to come from all over North and East London for the beer. It was an absolute gold mine. The Lamb was similar but not as extreme. John Young when he could was always fighting against the "modernisers". I've walked past many a Young's or Fuller's house in recent years that are new to me but refuse to go in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    The annoying thing is that when I first started drinking real ale Young's was a revered name. .
    Me too. I used to travel up from Kent,ostensibly to visit a mad, elderly cousin in Wandsworth. Naturally much Ordinary and Winter Warmer was sampled.Fuller Smith and Turner were more recondite,but I eventually ventured further West for the delights of ESB. Somehow, things were simpler then!
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Just paid £2.55 for a 1/2 of a very average Trumans Runner in the Bishop, East Dulwich.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Just paid £2.55 for a 1/2 of a very average Trumans Runner in the Bishop, East Dulwich.
    That's enough to make you want to bash the bishop
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

£6.00 for a pint of Reunion Ales Talwar - a 4.5% cask ale all the way from Twickenham - in The Horseshoe, Hampstead. (I went for the marginally more acceptable Haresfoot Lock Keeper' - 4.0% and also on cask - a steal at just £5.50 a pint). Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    That's enough to make you want to bash the bishop
    In fact I took off to The Actress.
    -W.C.Fields

I'll stay on me own

£11.20 for a pint and a G&T in https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/85153/ although I didn't note the actual price of the pint. Most expensive drink though, whilst not really comparable as it's not beer, was £36 for two cocktails in the Gong bar at the Shard.

Went in http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/85095/ last night and noticed they had Wiper & True's Hard Shake at £10.50 per pint...
    Last edited by Blackthorn; 13-04-2017 at 17:45.

Siren Craft Bourbon Milkshake 11.0% ABV, I paid £3.40 for a third on keykeg in the Nags Head Reading today, it was worth every penny, one of the most amazing beers I have ever tasted. Needless to say a 1/3 was good enough, any more would spell disaster.
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Siren Craft Bourbon Milkshake 11.0% ABV, I paid £3.40 for a third on keykeg in the Nags Head Reading today, it was worth every penny, one of the most amazing beers I have ever tasted. Needless to say a 1/3 was good enough, any more would spell disaster.
    I read all the beer blogs and quite a few of the older bloggers think that craft brewers just stick any old shit in beer and sell it too us mugs.I have in the last 3 years had so many amazing but expensive beers. One of my fav brewers so if I see it around I will try it.(if I haven't already.)

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    I read all the beer blogs and quite a few of the older bloggers think that craft brewers just stick any old shit in beer and sell it too us mugs.I have in the last 3 years had so many amazing but expensive beers. One of my fav brewers so if I see it around I will try it.(if I haven't already.)
    Just checked had Bourbon coffee broken dream. Superb