Ads not shown when logged in
Page 10 of 63 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: How much?

A couple of my youngish neighbours (a Russian and an American as it happens) wanted to visit a few traditional pubs, so off we set to London. As one of the pubs I planned to take them to was The Nag's Head in Kinnerton St I had the foresight before we went in to ask if either of them had any cash, as I speculated that it was the sort of pub where they might not have the equipment to process a card payment. I didn't know for sure as I had obviously never tried to use a card in there. It transpired that neither of them had a penny on them, and as we couldn't find a cashpoint in Belgravia we had to find a shop where they could buy something so that they could get something called "cashback". This seemed to work to their satisfaction using something called "contactless", whereupon they discarded the bits of paper they were given, presumably trusting the bank to get it all right. They didn't strike me as the sort of people who would check their bank statements anyway. I now realise that I live in a different world to most people, but I think I'll stay in it for as long as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Rattus View Post
    I now realise that I live in a different world to most people, but I think I'll stay in it for as long as I can.
    Welcome to my world!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Were they good?
    Only tried the cask one and it was superb.Only reason I went to the Whippet as I saw on twitter that they had this version.

This Space For Hire

I've just been stung for £5.75 for a Bobby Brown minging hoppy lager after last pub in Cheltenham charged me £5 quid for the same shit. Ok the buildings are nice but there is no need to try and out price London for river water.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    I've just been stung for £5.75 for a Bobby Brown minging hoppy lager after last pub in Cheltenham charged me £5 quid for the same shit. Ok the buildings are nice but there is no need to try and out price London for river water.
    Ahh hoppy lager. Now that would be craft beer.Hence the price.Welcome to my world.

£4.20 for a half here.
    Come On You Hatters!

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    £4.20 for a half here.
    Gulp, just read the review, includes optional service charge,, way out of my league, even for rotten nuts in mini bucket
    I drink to make others more interesting

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    Gulp, just read the review, includes optional service charge,, way out of my league, even for rotten nuts in mini bucket
    Got caught for £4.70 for a pint of Hop Stuff -fusilier ipa in the Lamb on sat night.I think Tris paid £4.80 for his pint.Robbers still abound in London.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Got caught for £4.70 for a pint of Hop Stuff -fusilier ipa in the Lamb on sat night.I think Tris paid £4.80 for his pint.Robbers still abound in London.
    Especially in Central London and I think I've only ever tried Fusilier in JDWs. Young's pubs are a joke today. I've been to the Lamb loads of time in the past but wouldn't go near it now or any other of their outlets.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Especially in Central London and I think I've only ever tried Fusilier in JDWs. Young's pubs are a joke today. I've been to the Lamb loads of time in the past but wouldn't go near it now or any other of their outlets.
    Wise man.