Ads not shown when logged in
Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: How much?

This Space For Hire

Last April I paid £5.35 for a pint of the ordinary in The Flask .

I appreciate that Witanhurst is opposite, London's largest house after Buckingham Palace and recently valued at £300 million, so perhaps this has rubbed off?

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    £7.35 yesterday for a pint and a half of Twickenham Naked Ladies in The Zetland Arms . Assuming the half is not weighted that's £4.90 a pint for a relatively local beer.
    Must be Brexit with falling pound driving up the cost of ingredients, oh hang on is this the Marmite Moment
    I drink to make others more interesting

This Space For Hire

Greedy King for you. I bet they weight it for Taylor Walker branding too. Their 10% off for Camra members is worth having at that price, provided there's anyone behind the bar who knows how to key it into the till.

Beer Asylum

Four draft ales on, the cheapest was £5.20 a pint. Excessive for a micro, I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    Beer Asylum

Four draft ales on, the cheapest was £5.20 a pint. Excessive for a micro, I feel.
    According to What Pub it's all keg. If that is the case I wouldn't give it micropub status. Some micropubs do a few keg options but none of them don't do any cask at all. Depending on the strength and assuming it is "craft" keg then it might not be over the top but only in comparison to other places.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    According to What Pub it's all keg. If that is the case I wouldn't give it micropub status. Some micropubs do a few keg options but none of them don't do any cask at all. Depending on the strength and assuming it is "craft" keg then it might not be over the top but only in comparison to other places.
    Their website says "four rotating Real ales" but the pictures there and on their Facebook page suggest a rather naughty use of the words real ale. They do manage to spell Draught correctly for the context.

Meanwhile back at the thread, I was shocked and stunned at having to pay £3.90 for a pint of Landlord in a fairly ordinary pub in a small Yorkshire town, going rate is £3.30 - £3.40 less in other places.

This Space For Hire

High prices are not just a London thing. 7 Brothers brewery tap in Manchester regularly charges high prices for cask.A friend who was in Madchester for the fest paid £5 for a 5.2 stout and £4.50 for a 3.8 session ale. Should change their name to 7 Robbers brewery.

I paid £3.10 for Dark Star Crème Brulee (5.9%) here on Friday and £3.40 for Thornbridge Wild Raven (6.6%) here yesterday.

Big city centres are a lost cause for me now. The pubs are not only generally better elsewhere (and I include JDWs here) but also a lot cheaper.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    High prices are not just a London thing. 7 Brothers brewery tap in Manchester regularly charges high prices for cask.A friend who was in Madchester for the fest paid £5 for a 5.2 stout and £4.50 for a 3.8 session ale. Should change their name to 7 Robbers brewery.
    I had been planning to visit but did wonder why I hadn't seen many reviews. Surely its rent is cheap where it is compared to the proper city centre area. I'm sure Blackjack's Tap is generally around £3 a pint.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    I had been planning to visit but did wonder why I hadn't seen many reviews. Surely its rent is cheap where it is compared to the proper city centre area. I'm sure Blackjack's Tap is generally around £3 a pint.
    They are cutting out the middleman so should be cheaper than a pub.Surely they cant survive with these prices.