Ads not shown when logged in
Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: How much?

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Tapping the Admiral - £4.00 for a pint of Kent Brewery Mad Cow Imperial Milk Stout. Not bad for a 7.4% beer in London.
    With or without CAMRA discount?
    Still good either way.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    With or without CAMRA discount?
    Still good either way.
    Without. But my last two visits I wasn't prompted for it.
    Also not very happy about some of the customers' behaviour. I had thought that I couldn't decide whether this is better than the Southampton up the road, but I now think the Southampton is the better. The other night in the Admiral, I couldn't see the pumps for a large man munching a pie at the bar in front of them.

This Space For Hire

Chelsea Funhouse - £5.63 a half.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Without. But my last two visits I wasn't prompted for it.
    Also not very happy about some of the customers' behaviour. I had thought that I couldn't decide whether this is better than the Southampton up the road, but I now think the Southampton is the better. The other night in the Admiral, I couldn't see the pumps for a large man munching a pie at the bar in front of them.
    I prefer The Southampton, was in last Friday but didn't make the Admiral.
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Yes. I think I'm going to give the Admiral the heave-ho. It seems to have become a bit of a scrote magnet, which it was originally when it reopened in its current guise a few years ago; I think management kicked them out.
    The other week, one of them staggered over to my table, picked up the tealight, lit his fag with it and, puffing on it, made for the front door.
    Apart from the fat pie munching bloke at the bar the other night, the pub's resident loon was in. He hopped off his stool, sat next to me then proceeded to taken off his upper clothing whilst doing strange hand movements; perhaps he thought I would provide him with company.
    He left, then four lads arrived who propped up an iPhone on a pint glass and proceeded to watch the footie with the sound on full and in a 'quiet pub'. I moved seats to avoid the din, but was joined yet again by Pub Loon. I left. Another gripe was that the ale range appeared to just be pale, similar, weak beers.
    The atmosphere - and beer range - at the Southampton is far better, but it's bloody cold though.

20211211_145618.jpg
    Pohjala Peel And Bean, a 8.5 impy Stout weighing in at £5.30 a half, it needs to be good and by god it is, almost certainly BOTW being sipped in BrewDog Southampton.
    -W.C.Fields

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

So there I am last night in The George and it's my round.Oakham Green Devil IPA has just come on cask,so it's three pints (each with a CAMRA voucher) coming to a grand total of £4.47.The Green Devil was in perfect condition and I would have been overjoyed to pay £4.47 even for a single pint let alone three.That's criminally good value and naturally led to more rounds.

Bit slow this morning.......
    Last edited by Bucking Fastard; 16-12-2021 at 11:49.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    So there I am last night in The George and it's my round.Oakham Green Devil IPA has just come on cask,so it's three pints (each with a CAMRA voucher) coming to a grand total of £4.47.The Green Devil was in perfect condition and I would have been overjoyed to pay £4.47 even for a single pint let alone three.That's criminally good value and naturally led to more rounds.

Bit slow this morning.......
    Buy George!

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

I've never warmed to the Pint Shop in Cambridge but yesterday's visit will be my last. A ludicrous mix of sizes (2 thirds, but no one third option, but can convert to halves) meant I somehow sleep-walked into two halves at over £9 a pint, both served flat, ice cold, tasteless. Not my finest decision and in different circumstances (quick beer before lunch nearby) I would have walked.

A poor angry photo attached... ps.jpg

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    I've never warmed to the Pint Shop in Cambridge but yesterday's visit will be my last. A ludicrous mix of sizes (2 thirds, but no one third option, but can convert to halves) meant I somehow sleep-walked into two halves at over £9 a pint, both served flat, ice cold, tasteless. Not my finest decision and in different circumstances (quick beer before lunch nearby) I would have walked.

A poor angry photo attached... ps.jpg
    I had the same situation in a craft bar I misunderstood that the two beers I wanted were price as 2_3 rds so my 2 halves came to £9 .neither were great so felt ripped off