Ads not shown when logged in
Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast

Thread: How much?

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Paulaner Lager...little change at £7.25 a pint, needless to say I nursed it the entire match.
    £3.75 for a half of Neck Oil at The Garratt Tavern the other night; and it's a crap pub.

£3.80 for a half of Gamma Ray at Green Man a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    £8.40 for two bottles of alcohol free Sam's Brown Ale in the Princess Louise the other day. And they say Sam's beer is cheap.
    The Sage of Tadcaster's beers do seem to have rocketed in price of late.
    Not a Sam's joint, but it's near as makes no difference £5.00 a pint for a guest at The Barrel Vault (JD Wetherspoon).
    Last edited by Tris39; 19-02-2024 at 19:30.

£8.40 for two bottles of alcohol free Sam's Brown Ale in the Princess Louise the other day. And they say Sam's beer is cheap.
    Humph's bottled beers have been outrageously expensive for several years (and not just in London), and then he made the bottles smaller too!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Humph's bottled beers have been outrageously expensive for several years (and not just in London), and then he made the bottles smaller too!
    It's unbelievably rare that I'd buy such a thing, but aren't bottled alternatives always more expensive?

Stopped being cheap about 18 months ago - Humph whacked-up prices (and the bottles always had a hefty mark-up compared to draught). The assumption was he'd do it once and keep it there for the next 5 years but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Just Missed the Round Brainypool's Avatar

They’re still cheap up north. Or at least they are if you stick to the draught. The cask bitter has been £3 a pint for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainypool View Post
    They’re still cheap up north. Or at least they are if you stick to the draught. The cask bitter has been £3 a pint for a few years.
    Check the bottle prices!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Stopped being cheap about 18 months ago - Humph whacked-up prices (and the bottles always had a hefty mark-up compared to draught). The assumption was he'd do it once and keep it there for the next 5 years but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    Exactly. Bottles - off-sales - have always been more expensive. I especially remember this in the early '80s when rural pubs would do this in the knowledge that customers had little choice before the advent of late-opening supermarkets. Yes also, that Humphrey has whacked up his prices in about the last 18 months or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Bottles - off-sales - have always been more expensive.
    But I'm talking about the on trade here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Yes also, that Humphrey has whacked up his prices in about the last 18 months or so.
    And Sam's bottled beer prices skyrocketed much longer ago than that, and then the bottles shrank from 500 ml to 355 ml.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    But I'm talking about the on trade here.
    A slight deviation from the correct, but when I mean 'off-sales' I mean takeaway. Decades ago pubs would fleece you for taking away bottles, safe in the knowledge that you had no chance of buying something from an off-licence that closed at 5.30 or earlier on 'early-closing day'. With the advent of late-night convenience shops, I'd never bother buying from a pub, always assuming such an option is available.

This Space For Hire

£7.19 for Beaverton Neck Oil on Manchester Piccadilly station.