Ads not shown when logged in
Page 26 of 63 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: How much?

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Bridge House - £6.25 for a pint of keg Lagunitas IPA two nights ago.
    just looked at the list of beers I posted for BOTW and at least 6 were dearer than that although some of them were thirds so keeps the price down.
    Dearest beer was Pressure drop -porter £12 a pint -£6 a half but cause it was happy hour only £3.Probably the worst beer I had as it had lots of diacytl flavour
    £12 a pint and they cant brew.

I called in for a swift half in the Peacock at Rowsley, near Matlock, last week. A delightful place, but my half cost £2.65, which is not normally what I'd expect to pay for Peak Ales Bakewell Best 4.2%.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I called in for a swift half in the Peacock at Rowsley, near Matlock, last week. A delightful place, but my half cost £2.65, which is not normally what I'd expect to pay for Peak Ales Bakewell Best 4.2%.
    I notice service wasn't included

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I notice service wasn't included
    OMG - I forgot to leave a tip!
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

£5.05 a pint for Hawkshead -windermere pale 3.5 in the Southwark Tavern.sheer robbery.

This Space For Hire

Was in the Bridge House the other night and the only ale on was Gloom which I'm boycotting, in effect trying to bring down this product and single-handedly if necessary. Bought a pint of Sierra Nevada Celebration and was relieved of £6.50 for my troubles. Still, I bet they are celebrating...

This Space For Hire

Popped into The Ledger Building (Lloyds No 1) a couple of days ago and the cheapest real ale (Truman's Firestarter) was £3.19. So imagine my delight when a couple of hours later we were in The Charles Lamb and enjoyed a couple of pints of Hophead (perfect nick) for just £3.15 a pint. There's one in the eye for Tiny Tim.

This Space For Hire

Popped into The Ledger Building (Lloyds No 1) a couple of days ago and the cheapest real ale (Truman's Firestarter) was £3.19. So imagine my delight when a couple of hours later we were in The Charles Lamb and enjoyed a couple of pints of Hophead (perfect nick) for just £3.15 a pint. There's one in the eye for Tiny Tim.
    The first pub I looked in last night was the Charles Lamb and had I known the price I would have had a pint of Hophead rather than the pint of Siren -broken dream 6.5 cask in the Craft Beer Co round the corner for £5.55

we were in The Charles Lamb
    Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    The first pub I looked in last night was the Charles Lamb
    Like the pub but the last couple of times I've been there I was the only customer, maybe the wrong times of day.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

I saw your review of the Ledger Building. You're absolutely right about the "freshly made" pizzas. They are only freshly made in that they are constructed from a base like you might buy in Tesco. I've also noticed that they are all the same price in most JDWs, despite the fact that the food clubs prices might vary considerably. This is a sure sign that they are a rip-off in outlets where for example the Steak Club is under eight quid.
    The E17 Rose and Crown used to have a pizza bloke outside on some nights and I had one of his efforts for a tenner which was delicious. He's gone to Cornwall (I think) but it was definitely freshly made as I saw him messing around with a limp of dough while I was ordering.
    Central London JDWs are off limits for me unless it's morning unlimited coffee!