Ads not shown when logged in
Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: How much?

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    UK beer costs soar as average price of pint tops £8 in one London pub

"In one pub in London, which CGA did not name, the average price of a pint was £8.06 – the most expensive it has ever recorded, in its survey of more than 5,550 random bars and pubs.
    This is probably for some so-called 'craft' beer and possibly with a high ABV. I drink in some pretty expensive London pubs and £5.80 is where cask beers top out, far less if drinking in an ale emporium such as the Wenlock, Southampton, Cock, Express etc.

On the plus side, Titanic Plum Porter £3.20 a pint for June at The Royal Blenheim.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    This is probably for some so-called 'craft' beer and possibly with a high ABV. I drink in some pretty expensive London pubs and £5.80 is where cask beers top out, far less if drinking in an ale emporium such as the Wenlock, Southampton, Cock, Express etc.

On the plus side, Titanic Plum Porter £3.20 a pint for June at The Royal Blenheim.
    Average price but obviously not an average pub, a lot of journalisim really does test my patience nowadays (polite description).
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    a lot of journalisim really does test my patience nowadays (polite description).
    Just nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Just nowadays?
    No but I'm getting less tolerant with age.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Tonight in the craft beer co convent garden
    9 casks -average price £5.87
    27 keg - average price £9.30
    Average pint of beer £8.43
    I have partially.boycotted this chain of pubs due to the price of cask.Since the pubs have been back after covid I have only visited one where normally I would have had about a dozen visits.

This Space For Hire

Their house beer a 3.9 pale ale brewed by Kent brewery was the ludicrous price of £5.20 last month and is now £5.60.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Their house beer a 3.9 pale ale brewed by Kent brewery was the ludicrous price of £5.20 last month and is now £5.60.
    When I was in London last November I had beers in nine pubs, mostly Putney, and they averaged £5.20 a pint.

It was much the same in January (a bit under £5), February (£5.15) and March (£5.20) this year, and the beginning of May (£5.15 again) too, but I think the average was skewed by drinking in some cheaper pubs like the Sam Smiths off Oxford Street (£4.70), the Euston Tap (£4.30), Resting Hare (£4.20, £4.40, £4.50) and McGlynns (£4.60). I often paid the equivalent of £5.10 or £5.20 (I was drinking halves, so £2.60 usually) in central London.

I did notice that Fullers ESB in the Parcel Yard was £5.70 a pint in November, £5.80 in January and £5.90 in May. Make of that what you will
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    cheaper pubs like the Sam Smiths off Oxford Street (£4.70)
    No wonder Humph can still get by with so many of the northern pubs closed in the seemingly forlorn hope that a management couple might be found, somewhere...

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Average price but obviously not an average pub, a lot of journalisim really does test my patience nowadays (polite description).
    Yup. Headlines sell.

This Space For Hire

Wild weather - banana split imp stout 13.0 £15 ,a pint in the weather station reading tonight on cask