Ads not shown when logged in
Page 19 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: How much?

This Space For Hire

For the last 10 years I have been given a bottle of Fullers -Vintage ale by my daughter in law who works for Fullers .Not this year.Lovely beer Vintage ale.She paid between £4-£6 pound out of her brewery allowance so about £50 in total. If you fancy drinking wot I drank Fullers can still accommodate you.They are still on sale for £646 for the 10 I have had.Enjoy

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Thats shocking, really like the pub and the beer, but that's out of order, paying £ 4.00 in my local( Hampshire) and have been told its £3.75 in The Partridge , Darkstars own pub in Sussex.
    This is an increasingly expensive area - look at the glamorous high-rises going up along City Road in what was once a wasteland. £5.00 for a 6.5% ABV ale in an area like this is sadly the norm. The way things are going in London, the ABV is increasingly the same as the price!

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    For the last 10 years I have been given a bottle of Fullers -Vintage ale by my daughter in law who works for Fullers .Not this year.Lovely beer Vintage ale.She paid between £4-£6 pound out of her brewery allowance so about £50 in total. If you fancy drinking wot I drank Fullers can still accommodate you.They are still on sale for £646 for the 10 I have had.Enjoy
    Or £515 for one bottle of the original 1997 vintage..!
    https://shop.fullers.co.uk/collectio...-ale-1997-rare

"Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

This Space For Hire

I'm not sure what his point is, if he has one. If his punters won't pay for craft beer, there's obviously no reason why he should want to sell it. If the only thing his punters will drink is craft beer, but can't afford it, he needs to find a pub somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    I'm not sure what his point is, if he has one. If his punters won't pay for craft beer, there's obviously no reason why he should want to sell it. If the only thing his punters will drink is craft beer, but can't afford it, he needs to find a pub somewhere else.
    I make that right, sell to your customer base.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

What a nobhead.My wife cant afford a Gucci handbag and I cant afford a Rolls Royce so we don't buy them.Drink what you can afford .
    His is the only pub on his estate serving 18,000 people .Must get busy at the bar.

This Space For Hire

How much.The Draft Hse last night had Founders -All Day ipa at £5.95 a pint.(not bad price unless you live on an estate in Brighton)but I got 6 x 355ml bottles at B&m stores on Saturday for £4.50.result.

This Space For Hire

The Somers Town Coffee House - Paid £5.05 for a pint of Charles' Wells Extra Golden Ale (4.3%) two days ago.

The Bull & Gate - Paid £5.05 for a pint of Young's Special yesterday.

The Gipsy Queen - Paid £3.00 for a half of Purity's Mad Goose yesterday.

The Somers Town Coffee House and Gipsy Queen are in areas that are in no way affluent and Kentish Town is a mixed area but it's not Mayfair. Perhaps the staff think that everyone around here is as loaded as local residents Benedict Cumberbatch or Damien Lewis?

I've worked out that drinking in some of London's most expensive residential areas is a good way to save money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    I've worked out that drinking in some of London's most expensive residential areas is a good way to save money.
    Agree , there seems to be little rhyme or reason.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields