Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much?

Hybrid View

This Space For Hire

Default How much?

Got charged £5 for a pint of cask Darkstar-green hop ipa 6.5 in the Wenlock last night.Got charges £5 for my second pint of it as well.Stunning beer but sad that a pub like the Wenlock which was known for reasonable priced beer resorts to this sort of pricing.Added to my boycott list.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Got charged £5 for a pint of cask Darkstar-green hop ipa 6.5 in the Wenlock last night.Got charges £5 for my second pint of it as well.Stunning beer but sad that a pub like the Wenlock which was known for reasonable priced beer resorts to this sort of pricing.Added to my boycott list.
    Thats shocking, really like the pub and the beer, but that's out of order, paying £ 4.00 in my local( Hampshire) and have been told its £3.75 in The Partridge , Darkstars own pub in Sussex.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Thats shocking, really like the pub and the beer, but that's out of order, paying £ 4.00 in my local( Hampshire) and have been told its £3.75 in The Partridge , Darkstars own pub in Sussex.
    This is an increasingly expensive area - look at the glamorous high-rises going up along City Road in what was once a wasteland. £5.00 for a 6.5% ABV ale in an area like this is sadly the norm. The way things are going in London, the ABV is increasingly the same as the price!

This Space For Hire

How much do they charge for ~4% ordinary bitter or for cooking lager? A fiver for 6.5% beer in central London isn't all that remarkable; if they are pricing on a percentage margin it's unlikely to be less if mainstream stuff is around the typical £3.50 - £4 mark.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    How much do they charge for ~4% ordinary bitter or for cooking lager? A fiver for 6.5% beer in central London isn't all that remarkable; if they are pricing on a percentage margin it's unlikely to be less if mainstream stuff is around the typical £3.50 - £4 mark.
    There is only 13p extra duty on a pint of 6.5 compared with 4.0.THis is just a blatant rip-off probably because there is a limited supply of this beer.I can assure you £5 is not common around central London for cask beer and although I drink up there every week I cannot remember a £5 pint or even near it.

It was £3.80 at Cobbets in Dorking but could have been nearer £3.60 if I had remembered the CAMRA discount. I suspect yours was a lot better as mine was served from a cask on a warm day with no apparent cooling on it. I'm looking forward to seeing Dark Star adding to their estate. I believe they've got their eye on one in Hayward's Heath.
    Their is no reason why keykeg should be significantly dearer than cask other than sheer greed (aka marketing). .
    I don't have a boycott list for Central London as I try and boycott the entire area!

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing Dark Star adding to their estate. I believe they've got their eye on one in Hayward's Heath.
    Ooh, that'd be good. It's been a while since the demise of the Stand-Up Inn at nearby Lindfield, and Haywards Heath could do with a decent pub.

This Space For Hire

It was £3.80 at Cobbets in Dorking but could have been nearer £3.60 if I had remembered the CAMRA discount. I suspect yours was a lot better as mine was served from a cask on a warm day with no apparent cooling on it. I'm looking forward to seeing Dark Star adding to their estate. I believe they've got their eye on one in Hayward's Heath.
    Their is no reason why keykeg should be significantly dearer than cask other than sheer greed (aka marketing). .
    I don't have a boycott list for Central London as I try and boycott the entire area!
    In case you misunderstood it was cask.

In case you misunderstood it was cask.
    Sorry, I didn't misunderstand, that was just a diversion onto another rip-off. London Fields in the E10 William is £2.75 on cask but £3.65 on keg.
    Is your duty assessment correct? I thought it was around 10p duty per pint for each 1% ABV. If the lowering of the duty has changed this then it hasn't been apparent in any pub I've been to. Some supermarket prices are lower than they were a couple of years ago.

This Space For Hire

Sorry, I didn't misunderstand, that was just a diversion onto another rip-off. London Fields in the E10 William is £2.75 on cask but £3.65 on keg.
    Is your duty assessment correct? I thought it was around 10p duty per pint for each 1% ABV. If the lowering of the duty has changed this then it hasn't been apparent in any pub I've been to. Some supermarket prices are lower than they were a couple of years ago.
    You are not far out .Its 18.37 pence per litre so just over 10p for each 1% but small brewers get a 50% reduction. So 21p for a 4% and 34p for a 6.5.According to my calculations