Ads not shown when logged in
Page 22 of 63 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: How much?

Just Missed the Round Brainypool's Avatar

spotted a £6 pint in the Cains Brewery Village in Liverpool. in fact I couldn't find a pint under £4 anywhere, a night out there is a great way to empty your pockets fast.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Brainypool View Post
    spotted a £6 pint in the Cains Brewery Village in Liverpool. in fact I couldn't find a pint under £4 anywhere, a night out there is a great way to empty your pockets fast.
    Got charged £5.75 for a pint of keg Wild Beer Co.'s Bibble in The Elgin last night. You can get it on cask for not much more than four quid at the Jugged Hare , which caters for a far more affluent client base.

Just Missed the Round

I recently got caught out paying £10 for two half pints of Soup by Garage at P L Y in Manchester.

I had heard people rave about Soup so I wanted to know what the fuss was about and saw they had it on here so made the plunge. There is a big menu and price list at the bar but in small letters at the bottom it advises that the prices are per 2/3 pint, so when I asked for two halves it cost more than I expected. I appreciate that the beer was imported which will no doubt add to the cost, but it was only 6% so still seemed a bit overboard really. You expect a big price for a 12% imperial stout but this was a bit of a shocker and to top it off I didn't think the Soup was anything special really. Nice enough but not £10 a pint nice.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Got charged £5 for a pint of cask Darkstar-green hop ipa 6.5 in the Wenlock last night.Got charges £5 for my second pint of it as well.Stunning beer but sad that a pub like the Wenlock which was known for reasonable priced beer resorts to this sort of pricing.Added to my boycott list.
    Interesting. I got charged £2.10 for a half of Purity's Longhorn IPA in the Wenlock two nights ago which isn't bad. I paid £3.00 for a pint of Thornbridge's Peverel in The George & Monkey a couple of nights ago!
    Last edited by Tris39; 18-07-2018 at 19:48.

This Space For Hire

Was charged £6.00 in The Belrose last night. I know it's a 6.2% keg beer, but this is still an obscene price.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Was charged £6.00 in The Belrose last night. I know it's a 6.2% keg beer, but this is still an obscene price.
    I missed this pub somehow on a crawl four and a half years ago when visiting The Sir Richard Steele, a good miss by the sounds of it.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I missed this pub somehow on a crawl four and a half years ago when visiting The Sir Richard Steele, a good miss by the sounds of it.
    You should see what they've done to the Steele's after a seven-month refurb; prepare yourself for a shock!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Last time I was in that pub to get the Haverstock brewery (brewed in the basement ) I paid £4.00 for a pint and £50 for a parking ticket. Not a great tick by any means.

This Space For Hire

Fairly sure I saw a 6%+ pint for £1.99 in the Stockton Wetherspoons, but was sticking to Shipyard before I saw some throughput. That was standard price too - maybe we should have a "how cheap?" topic!

I used to think Elland 1872 Porter was cheap at £2.99 in Paramount Wetherspoons in manc...

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    Fairly sure I saw a 6%+ pint for £1.99 in the Stockton Wetherspoons, but was sticking to Shipyard before I saw some throughput.
    Quite feasible. A lot of outlets don't bother with the "Standard", "Premium" etc guest ale categories and just charge the standard price.

I used to think Elland 1872 Porter was cheap at £2.99 in Paramount Wetherspoons in manc...
    Central Manchester Spoons aren't all that cheap. I don't think any of the NE ones are expensive.

maybe we should have a "how cheap?" topic!
    I've been using this one!