Ads not shown when logged in
Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: How much?

This Space For Hire

Sambrook's beers at just £1.15 a half at The Rockingham Arms; but there's a sting in the tail...

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Sambrook's beers at just £1.15 a half at The Rockingham Arms; but there's a sting in the tail...
    "cackling old local geezers eyeing up the ladies"... why didn't you come and say hello Tris?

This Space For Hire

Sambrook's Sidekick just £1.00 a half at The Surrey Docks.

This Space For Hire

The Hanover Arms - £4.00 for a half of Neck Oil and in Kennington to boot.

This Space For Hire

The Barrel Vault (JD Wetherspoon) - an overnight hike in price for a standard pint from £4.39 to £4.83.

Just Missed the Round

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    The Barrel Vault (JD Wetherspoon) - an overnight hike in price for a standard pint from £4.39 to £4.83.
    FFS I just typed out a reply and went to edit it, and seem to have accidentally deleted it.

In short the % increase seems high compared to standard Spoons outlets (eg real ale £2.46 to 2.55 being about 3.7%).

Still probably not a bad price for a train station location in the grand scheme of things but a higher % increase than you'd expect.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by RealAleRobUK View Post
    FFS I just typed out a reply and went to edit it, and seem to have accidentally deleted it.

In short the % increase seems high compared to standard Spoons outlets (eg real ale £2.46 to 2.55 being about 3.7%).

Still probably not a bad price for a train station location in the grand scheme of things but a higher % increase than you'd expect.
    Very high. And despite being a 'spoons, it's now the fourth least expensive 'pub' in the area, the Euston Tap, King Charles I and Queen's Head being cheaper.

This Space For Hire

Totally bad price for a train station location.I use Wetherspoons for beer of reasonable quality for a cheap price.I would not pay nearly a fiver for their beers unless I was trapped airside at one of their airport pubs.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Totally bad price for a train station location.I use Wetherspoons for beer of reasonable quality for a cheap price.I would not pay nearly a fiver for their beers unless I was trapped airside at one of their airport pubs.
    In fairness, the quality of the beer at the Barrel Vault is very good; better than the Euston Tap (currently) and sadly also the KC I, the quality a far cry from the nearby former JDW Angel at...um...The Angel or the JDW White Swan at Highbury Corner. Apart from the nationals, it has on permanently Ghost Ship, Naked Ladies (always excellent) then around five or six fairly local beers from the likes of Portobello and Southwark; there's currently and East London Brewery tap takeover.

This Space For Hire

I.should rephrase that.i mean reasonable quality brewers .You don't get the best brewers selling to spoons although.i have until recently been drinking oakham and thornebridge for less than £2.50