Ads not shown when logged in
Page 42 of 63 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: How much?

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Very good of you to make such a sacrifice.
    I know. The 30-minute travel time to get to the Admiral made the sacrifice all the more painful.

This Space For Hire

The Red Lion - Gamma Ray for £7.15.

This Space For Hire

The £5 pint of cask is truly with us in London 9 years after I first started this thread.The Mitre in Richmond a small back street pub charges £5 for all beers inc mild.Boycotting them for a while I think.Most of the Fullers pubs are charging that or more for London Plague. The Craft beer co are definitely on the boycott list with Kent -pale at £5.20 and best bitter £5.40.Round my way £4.70 seems to be the price which I think is too high for cask beer.
    Last edited by london calling; 02-10-2021 at 21:08.

This Space For Hire

Passed the Belvedere in Acton on Thursday (if you know the pub you will know why I passed by)
    Guinness £2.25
    carling -£2
    john smiths -£1.75
    permenant prices
    Maybe I am too fussy but wasn't tempted.Good to see prices like this though.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    The £5 pint of cask is truly with us in London. Round my way £4.70 seems to be the price which I think is too high for cask beer.
    Of 15 beers I had in London Thursday and Friday - halves of course - only two came in at under £4.70/pint. They were in the Salisbury Hotel, Green Lanes, Harringay. Pints at £4.70 were to be had at the Sam Smiths Lyceum Tavern on the Strand (that is, if my half at £2.35 was actually half the price of a pint - perhaps it wasn't). Same applies at the Theodore Bullfrog (off the Strand, Trafalgar Square direction) and the Tabard, Turnham Green, Chiswick.

Everything else was over £5/pint, with a couple of halves of London Pride £2.55 each the cheapest.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Most of the Fullers pubs are charging that or more for London Plague.
    I've tried to avoid the London Shame for a while, as I'm sure the recipe has changed, but was charged £5.00 for a Hophead in The Star Tavern the other day and it's in Belgravia.

My pint of Five Points XPA was £4.60 when I spotted you in the Express in late July and a pint of ELB Cowcatcher was £4.00 (£3.80 with CAMRA card) in the Tapping the Admiral a couple of weeks ago, so there is some relative sanity out there. The most expensive area I've found to drink in, is probably Hackney which is hardly a wealth area.

£3.20 in The Baum, £3.25 in the Pint Pot, around £3.30 in the Flying Horse all including CAMRA discount.

Most beer across the town centre £2.70 on D'Ale Wednesdays.

Regal Moon JDW £1.99, £1.49 with a CAMRA token.

Oh! it's STILL grim up North.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

This Space For Hire

£5 for a pint of xpa in the goerge and dragon acton on Thurs.nice beer.
    It was 6 years ago I started this post not 9.

This Space For Hire

I was in a craft beer bottle shop and had a couple of tins from the fridge.If the beer was less than £4 you have to pay £1 extra to drink in.So if you buy one for as i did at £4 it was cheaper than say a £3.75 one which would cost you £4.75.As i pointed out to the owner its plain daft.

This Space For Hire

- The Burlington Arms £2.30 for a half of Ghost Ship and in the heart of Mayfair too.