Ads not shown when logged in
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Isle Of Man

  1. #1
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,485

    Default Isle Of Man

    I see one of our esteemed regular correspondents has been to the Isle of Man, somewhere I've never been to. Why isn't it selectable from the front page? Is it because it's a site software WIP or have I missed something obvious?

  2. #2
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    If you search on say 'Douglas' you will get there. But at least the IoM is in it. The various Channel Islands, which have a similar legal status don't appear at all.

  3. #3
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    If you search on say 'Douglas' you will get there. But at least the IoM is in it. The various Channel Islands, which have a similar legal status don't appear at all.
    Thanks for the reply, I had managed to identify that "work around".
    Would a solution be to add the Channel Islands and IOM to the Northern Ireland option?
    Now that Spoons are in Eire do any of the pro Spoons brigade have plans to visit them? I don't as I don't have a passport so for me they are like Airport & NEC ones and don't exist

  4. #4
    Pub researcher (unpaid) rpadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Low Weald
    Posts
    3,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I had managed to identify that "work around".
    Would a solution be to add the Channel Islands and IOM to the Northern Ireland option?
    Now that Spoons are in Eire do any of the pro Spoons brigade have plans to visit them? I don't as I don't have a passport so for me they are like Airport & NEC ones and don't exist
    You don't need a passport to go to Ireland...

  5. #5
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    You don't need a passport to go to Ireland...
    Thanks for that, I have been there once over thirty years ago but can't remember how it all worked.

  6. #6
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    You don't need a passport to go to Ireland...
    You'll need an official photo ID of some sort even for a UK internal flight, which boils down to a driving licence or passport. You might just get away with a London Transport Freedom pass. Try it and see and be prepared to lose your money. In reality if you can't or won't drive for whatever reason you're going to have to get a passport.

  7. #7
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    You'll need an official photo ID of some sort even for a UK internal flight, which boils down to a driving licence or passport. You might just get away with a London Transport Freedom pass. Try it and see and be prepared to lose your money. In reality if you can't or won't drive for whatever reason you're going to have to get a passport.
    Well I don't have a driving licence or passport and have never flown anywhere. If I ever decided to revisit Ireland I would go via Holyhead on the Ferry again so does that require a passport and does the IOM require one?

  8. #8
    Pub researcher (unpaid) rpadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Low Weald
    Posts
    3,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Well I don't have a driving licence or passport and have never flown anywhere. If I ever decided to revisit Ireland I would go via Holyhead on the Ferry again so does that require a passport and does the IOM require one?
    We went to the Isle of Man on the ferry without passports (and without any form of photographic ID being requested) earlier this month. Have been to Ireland several times by air without a passport, but the airlines (not the governments) do generally require a driving licence or other form of photographic ID.

Similar Threads

  1. Isle of Man
    By rpadam in forum New pubs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-10-2015, 21:03
  2. Isle Of Wight name changes
    By Wild Rover in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-06-2015, 21:19
  3. Isle of Wight
    By Delboy20 in forum Recommend Me Do & Meet Ups
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-08-2014, 21:21
  4. Isle Of Man
    By AlanH in forum Requests
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-12-2011, 21:29
  5. Isle Of Man locations
    By ROBCamra in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-05-2011, 12:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •