Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Enterprise Is at it again

Default Enterprise Is at it again

After Farway's sad news about the Kitch n D'or (Kitsch n D'or), Salisbury CAMRA has just reported that the tenants at The New Inn that they've been given 6 weeks to get out even though the pub has been turned around.

Businesses do go bust, but to be put out of business by the landlord is just crass.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    After Farway's sad news about the Kitch n D'or (Kitsch n D'or), Salisbury CAMRA has just reported that the tenants at The New Inn that they've been given 6 weeks to get out even though the pub has been turned around.

Businesses do go bust, but to be put out of business by the landlord is just crass.
    Agree with this, but Tesco Express has more money, and Enterprise is up to it's neck in debt, just awful how Enterprise are managing this, not human feelings, for instance my used to be local http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/bus...enly-1-3360080 and just before Christmas
    I drink to make others more interesting

Yes, Enterprise has certainly got form in this area. The best thing we can do is get pubs nominated as ACVs. It can't prevent pubs being turned into a Tesco, but it does mean that they have to go through the planning process first, which means they could have a fight on their hands. Without an ACV, a pub can be sold to Tesco (used as an example - there are others tarred with the same brush) before anyone even knows it's for sale. That can't happen if it's an ACV.

I fear for any pub that is owned by Enterprise, they've certainly made their mark in Cheltenham. Within the last three years, four pubs have been refurbished and months later sold to developers for retail/accommodation or whatever purpose. It is pure speculation on my part, but I believe the aforementioned Un Enterprise Inns, refurbish pubs, without the slightest intention of reopening them permanently. They are the kiss of death, where pubs are concerned.