Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Rotating pictures in Windows 10

I'll stay on me own

Default Rotating pictures in Windows 10

Has anyone else had trouble rotating pictures in Windows 10? When I rotate them, they appear to be rotated, as expected. But once uploaded, they appear with their original orientation. The only way I could get round it was copying them to a PC that's still running XP (where they also appeared un-rotated) and rotating them there.

It's as though Windows 10 flags it as being rotated without actually doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorn View Post
    It's as though Windows 10 flags it as being rotated without actually doing it.
    Interesting, I've not used Windows 10 yet, but that would actually be quite a sensible feature - just incredibly unhelpful for if you are uploading them somewhere. I think it just makes it all the more urgent that I produce some code for turning photos after upload.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    ... incredibly unhelpful for if you are uploading them somewhere. I think it just makes it all the more urgent that I produce some code for turning photos after upload.
    *like*

I had the same problem when using a modern laptop instead of my decrepit PC. My solution was to edit the photos in Picasa before uploading, but yours is obviously better.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

This too please after taking nearly all of Bath central with Bath being somewhat vertical and narrow streets proved a problem post Windows 10 update as reviewing pub updates may show if you review all the deleted pictures I had to remove because of this....

The default photo viewer in windows 10 was not saving rotations once uploaded is the one with the black background and didn't show you the whole picture due to the toolbars being in the way, same one as you're using Blackthorn? No patience to try and search for a fix but I accidentally did click something that took me to select option of a new default viewer back to open pictures using the various inbuilt applications so I opted for Windows Picture Viewer as my default which worked with what I used in Windows 8 or 8.1 whatever that piece of shit was on my new laptop and would rotate right and then exit then reopen and rotate left this would fix everything, it autosaved on exit, it was remembering to do it that was the problem. These are with pictures taken off my Samsung S4 so not sure if a normal digital camera may have the same issue I suspect it will.

God knows how Alan copes after scanning pictures...

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post

God knows how Alan copes after scanning pictures...
    Scanning pictures seems to be no problem for me even if i scan them upside down,i scan my old 110 photos at either boots or Asda and get them put on a disc
    I then load the disc onto my laptop and rotate any pictures that are the wrong way round.

Old 35mm negs are taken to Asda and put on a disc then added to my laptop in the same way.

New pictures taken from my digital camera are added to my laptop from the memory card,all pictures are turned round before loading onto Pubs Galore.

I use windows 7 and have declined free offers to upgrade to windows 10.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post

I use windows 7 and have declined free offers to upgrade to windows 10.
    Same here! Microsoft are completely out of order by adding an "upgrade" to Win7 that keeps pressing you to upgrade. This is an invasion of privacy on their part and they should be held to account for it.
    I've had a go at removing it with info off the web but it didn't work. I'm going to give it another go.

Spritzer Swallower

Try this, it worked for me.
    How To Remove Windows 10 Upgrade Notification On ...
    microsoft-news.com/how-to-remove-windows-10-upgrade-notification
    31 May 2015 - Microsoft delivered this notification through a program which is installed through Windows update. The upgrade assistant is named GWX.exe in C:\Windows\System32\GWX. If you are not interested in Windows 10, you can remove this program from your PC. Go to Windows Update->Installed update, remove KB3035583.