Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: New Pubs

Default New Pubs

I seem to recall that some while ago there was some discussion concerning the approval of new pubs, and someone was able to access a list of which pubs were awaiting approval. This may seem a silly request, but can anybody say how to navigate to that list?

On the subject of new pubs - in the scenario where a pub is demolished, and a year or two later a new pub is built on the same spot, possibly as part of a residential accommodation build, and possibly with the same name, is it a new pub or should the old pub be re-opened? My own view is that the previous pub should stay closed, and the newly built pub should be born as a new pub. After all, anything that was said about, and the ratings of, the old pub have no relevance to the "new" pub. But I would be interested to hear what others think.

I'll stay on me own

Me and The wife went in this pub The Plough when it was the original Plough,i also have a photo of it.
    I dont know if the pub has the same footprint has the original Plough,but they are definatly different pubs

A local pub close to me was pulled down and had an iceland built on its car park,there is talk locally that the new building going up which is on the original pubs site but not on the pus original footprint may become a new pub come bar in the future,so i will add the new pub if it ever opens.
    Last edited by Al 10000; 16-08-2015 at 16:25.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

I'll stay on me own

This is a picture of the original Plough taken on 22 February 1986

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan_22.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	920.2 KB 
ID:	1254
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Rattus View Post

On the subject of new pubs - in the scenario where a pub is demolished, and a year or two later a new pub is built on the same spot, possibly as part of a residential accommodation build, and possibly with the same name, is it a new pub or should the old pub be re-opened? My own view is that the previous pub should stay closed, and the newly built pub should be born as a new pub. After all, anything that was said about, and the ratings of, the old pub have no relevance to the "new" pub. But I would be interested to hear what others think.
    I would say it's a new pub and that is how I have approached the subject, for example this pub was demolished and this pub built on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Rattus View Post
    I seem to recall that some while ago there was some discussion concerning the approval of new pubs, and someone was able to access a list of which pubs were awaiting approval. This may seem a silly request, but can anybody say how to navigate to that list?
    I'm not sure that there is a list per se, but I think that you can fumble your way through using the method below that I have copied from a post by bcfczuluzrmy. I don't fully understand it to be honest, but I am investigating!

Start with adding http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/newpubs/28263/ in your web browser and just change the numbers (last 3 only really needed) until you get a 404 error which means the new pub number hasn't been added yet so you've got to the latest one suggested with the number previously entered assuming that makes sense. 28387/ was the latest new pub added so anything above will give new pubs but if you go down to 28200/ you'll be in the realm of approved new pubs so redirected to new weblink.

Have fun and spot the multiple Liverpool Brew Dog enteries playing with digits.

EDIT: I've had a look and I'm not sure this works anymore, but I will leave the instructions here in case anyone else can clarify, bcfczuluarmy maybe!
    Last edited by Strongers; 16-08-2015 at 20:07.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    I don't fully understand it to be honest, but I am investigating!
    We're currently on 83196

This Space For Hire

Strongers is right but obviously as new pubs get suggested the numbers increase. Current end value is http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/newpubs/29047/ you can then work back to the ones that have been suggested but not approved yet by going to 29046, 29045 etc etc.
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 16-08-2015 at 21:01.

If you don't want to clog up your browser history use a different browser to normal. I'm one of those luddites that still uses Internet Explorer so I use Firefox to do this. It is handy if you're thinking of adding a pub that someone else thought of, usually a Spoons or a micropub.

Thanks for all that. That worked, but it's a cumbersome process and took me longer to get back to approved pubs than it would have done to just add the pub. But as pubs seem to be approved up to the end of July, it's not too onerous.