Default Cbob 2015

supreme Champions

Gold
    Tiny Rebel - Cutch

Silver
    Kelburn - Jaguar

Bronze
    Dancing Duck - Dark Drake

================================================== ==========================================
    Categoties

MILD

Gold
    Williams Brothers - Black

Silver
    Rudgate - Ruby Mild

Bronze
    Great Orme - Welsh Black

BEST BITTER

Gold
    Tiny Rebel - Cutch

Silver
    Highland - Scapa Special

Joint Bronze
    Barngates - Tag Lag
    Salopian - Darwin's Oriigin

SPECIALITY

Gold
    Titanic - Plum Porter

Joint Silver
    Kissingate - Black Cherry Mild
    Saltaire - Triple Chocolate

Bronze
    Hanlons - Port Stout

BITTER

Gold
    Pheasantry - Best Bitter

Silver
    Acorn - Barnsley Bitter

Joint Bronze
    Purple Moose - Madog's Ale
    Timothy Taylor - Boltmaker

GOLDEN

Gold
    Kelburn - Jaguar

Silver
    Adnams - Explorer

Bronze
    Blue Monkey - Infinity

STRONG BITTER

Gold
    Dark Star - Revelation

Silver
    Salopian - Golden Thread

Bronze
    Grain - India Pale Ale

BOTTLE CONDITIONMED

Gold
    Harveys - Imperial Extra Double Stout

Silver
    Fyne Ales - Superior IPA

Bronze
    Mordue - India Pale Ale

I'm assuming the Dark Drake was the winner of the winter competition as I don's see it in the categories.
    Last edited by Aqualung; 11-08-2015 at 17:39.

This Space For Hire

I agree with their decision.Nice beer and very good brewery

I wouldn't argue with many of those, the Harvey's is very much as I remember the Barclay and Perkins IRS in the late 70s, wonderful, and good to see Barnsley Acorn in the BBB category and Rudgate, Saltaire, Salopian, Blue Monkey, Dark Star, Purple Moose and especially a personal favourite Titanic Plum Porter.

Just one question why oh why does CAMRA use these categories, they're at least 30 years out of date?

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I wouldn't argue with many of those, the Harvey's is very much as I remember the Barclay and Perkins IRS in the late 70s, wonderful, and good to see Barnsley Acorn in the BBB category and Rudgate, Saltaire, Salopian, Blue Monkey, Dark Star, Purple Moose and especially a personal favourite Titanic Plum Porter.

Just one question why oh why does CAMRA use these categories, they're at least 30 years out of date?
    I am also pleased to see the breweries mention by oldboots getting recognition,whenever I spot a pumpclip from one of these boys ,the next stop is usually down the hatch.I've also had a lot of Titanic Plum Porter this year ...............
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Ignoring the bottles there are four I've definitely never tried. I've never heard of Kelburn or Barngates. There are around three others I'm not sure if I've tried.
    I'm well pleased for Tiny Rebel as my limited experience of their beers has been very favourable. I'm also pleased about the Dark Star Revelation which is my favourite of their permanent beers.
    Brewers that could have made it that haven't? For me I would say off the top of my head Kent, Redwillow, Hopcraft and Siren. I would add Brodie's but I believe they don't have any sort of relationship with CAMRA at all!

Yes, I agree the categories are a joke as well as the split between Winter Ales and the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I wouldn't argue with many of those, the Harvey's is very much as I remember the Barclay and Perkins IRS in the late 70s, wonderful.
    Surely in the seventies it was Courage Imperial Russian Stout?
    When I was at College (in the early seventies) we would occasionally bunk off afternoons and go to (I think) the Marlborough Arms after the Union Bar closed at 14:00 and order three bottles (a pint) of the stuff, usually with disastrous consequences.
    More recently I've found the Dark Star Imperial Stout on cask a fairly similar brew,

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    When I was at College (in the early seventies) we would occasionally bunk off afternoons and go to (I think) the Marlborough Arms after the Union Bar closed at 14:00 and order three bottles (a pint) of the stuff, usually with disastrous consequences.
    More recently I've found the Dark Star Imperial Stout on cask a fairly similar brew,
    I toasted the end of my finals with some Courage IRS and then got slaughtered at a Davenports tied house.Happy Days.................
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

I've never heard of Kelburn or Barngates.
    Barngates is based at the Drunken Duck Inn in the Lake District. I've had many a pint of Tag Lag, a very good best bitter, at The Sticklebarn Tavern in Great Langdale. Good to see this fine beer getting some plaudits.
    Come On You Hatters!

Yes brewed at Courage's Horsleydown brewery but apparently to the original Barclay & Perkins recipe (The company name was Courage, Barclay & Perkins, but in those days it belonged to Imperial Tobacco before it was sold to Elders IXL of Fosters Lager fame) Early 70s I think it was still labelled as B&P. By 1975 it just said Courage but they kept them at the brewery for years before letting them loose.

It was Gales HSB for us a lunchtime, equally disastrous, although a friend at Bristol Uni used to buy IRS by the crate. Ah happy days

Need to track that one down. The Harvey's is supposedly based on the famous Albert Le Coq recipe.

I've never heard of Kelburn or Barngates.
    Kelburn is Scottish from the west coast outside of Glasgow, I've had more than a few decent pints in the Merchant City pubs and in Northern England. Barngates I wouldn't rate that highly but each to their own.