Further to this thread http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showt...Rant-about-PuG relating to map points would it be wise/prudent to reword the best guess to something along the lines of centered on Royal Mail/Google auto map point for postcode submitted for pub location/address.

Another query/concern I've stumbled on relating to map point correction is when using satellite imaginary as there are variations to the angle/exact location on Google Earth/Maps whenever new images become available or Google auto selects the view/year of photo capture available as default, as I've found issues in work with this as I draw lines between two points and variance of the earth map layer resulting in the points not matching each other sometimes if I revisit a link between two points previously drawn.

If the layer Dave uses is subject to change by Google automatically then previous corrections could be re-corrected because of layer changes inaccuracies of how it's seems on screen. Obviously the road map default location shouldn't be an issue as that view can't really change where you put a pub pushpin but I like most people I suspect who correct rely on satellite view to get it right.