Ads not shown when logged in
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: St albans

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Okay sounds like you will have a good time.The fing is its only £8.50 return to St Albans for Londoners so add the cost of the beer and its not that expensive.Wheres the next crawl will be up norf ,with cheap beer but will cost an arm and a leg to get there.I am sure when I have been round St Albans recently it was consistently about £3.80 a pint and seems to be a cartel on the beer prices.Will let you know soon as.
    It would be zero for me as I would bus it from New Barnet. £8.50 sounds steep to me considering I can get to Wolverhampton, an area where the beer prices are very reasonable for £4.95 each way!

Sorry I'm not going to be able to make this one. Hope you all have a great day in the field. Looking forward to seeing the reports.

I'll stay on me own

Just looking at the itinerary for tomorrow as I will be joining you part way through. Hopefully I'll be there long before 15:40, but The Fighting Cocks doesn't seem to be listed??

I'm afraid I won't be able to join you either, but I shall be with you in spirit (I shall be enduring a formal lunch tomorrow (works do)), so while you're on your 8th pint, I'll be well and truly into my second bottle of port.

All the very best for a great day out, and I look forward to reading the reviews and forum posts.

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorn View Post
    Just looking at the itinerary for tomorrow as I will be joining you part way through. Hopefully I'll be there long before 15:40, but The Fighting Cocks doesn't seem to be listed??
    Forget that, got it now. It's at the end of the list, Ye Olde Fighting Cocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorn View Post
    Post #29 , Fighting Cocks 15:40, too many threads for this trip.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Post #29 , Fighting Cocks 15:40, too many threads for this trip.
    I'm arriving late too, so will aim to catch up at Ye Olde Fighting Cocks (or possibly the Goat before that, if anybody is going off-piste there instead of the Hare & Hounds).

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    I'm arriving late too, so will aim to catch up at Ye Olde Fighting Cocks (or possibly the Goat before that, if anybody is going off-piste there instead of the Hare & Hounds).
    Its possible I and Big Steve may be running an hour later than expected, if thats the case should meet up in one of the White Harts.
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Sorry I'm not going to be able to make this one. Hope you all have a great day in the field. Looking forward to seeing the reports.
    If your reason for not attending is financial I’ll be going 0830 ex BTM. It would cost you £6 to London and back and then £14.80 Paddington to St Albans (inc tube). PM me on faceache before 0730 in the morning if this makes you change your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Its possible I and Big Steve may be running an hour later than expected, if thats the case should meet up in one of the White Harts.
    No longer running late so will certainly be in the Boot ,possibly the Spoons.
    -W.C.Fields