Thread: Good old rant and he still gives it 8 points

This Space For Hire

Default Good old rant and he still gives it 8 points

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    8 for the venue, but he makes the point of 4 for the surly staff
    I drink to make others more interesting

I'll stay on me own

I use this pub on a regular basis as we only live a very short walk from it.
    I know most staff by sight as we usually go in it at least once a week but sometimes two or three times at different times on the day,i have never found the staff surly even after a large session with friends till well after midnight,so ime not sure about him or her being treated in this manner,but to turn up at Wetherspoons at 5 to 11 and get a meal may well work if in a city centre one, but this Spoons is in the Nottingham suburbs and very quiet on midweek evenings.

Friends of mine who live in Long Eaton have commented to me very recently how the pub stays open later than their local Spoons,i wonder if he was kicking off to get this sort of response from the bar staff.

I will leave a fresh review of the pub next time i go in it, which will be more than likely during the next week,so that review is not top of the pile.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    I use this pub on a regular basis as we only live a very short walk from it.
    I know most staff by sight as we usually go in it at least once a week but sometimes two or three times at different times on the day,i have never found the staff surly even after a large session with friends till well after midnight,so ime not sure about him or her being treated in this manner,but to turn up at Wetherspoons at 5 to 11 and get a meal may well work if in a city centre one, but this Spoons is in the Nottingham suburbs and very quiet on midweek evenings.

Friends of mine who live in Long Eaton have commented to me very recently how the pub stays open later than their local Spoons,i wonder if he was kicking off to get this sort of response from the bar staff.

I will leave a fresh review of the pub next time i go in it, which will be more than likely during the next week,so that review is not top of the pile.
    I agree, about turning up at 5 to closing and expecting food

reminds me of incident when I was in the Royal Navy, lunchtime, Petty Officer turns up at 5 to finishing time, demands meal, none left, all gone, so we went in the waste bin and fished out some leftovers for him, he ate it unknowingly

Perhaps same would have happened? or someone spits in it?
    I drink to make others more interesting