Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Telephone numbers

Default Telephone numbers

I notice that some pubs have a telephone number in the address instead of saying "thomsonlocal.com".

Can anyone tell me how these are added?

At the moment it is just me adding them based on automated information from various sources.

As far as I'm concerned it is still something very much in a testing phase as getting wrong numbers on listings creates more complaints to the site than everything else combined. However not having them on the site makes it considerably less useful given how many are accessing it whilst out and about on their mobile phones.

If I decide that the numbers are definitely here to stay I will work out how to allow members to add them.

I'm glad someone else has noticed this. At the moment many of the Thompson listings are incorrect for various reasons - pub name changes, demolition ect. Perhaps it might be advisable to discontinue the Thompson listing altogether.
    Continue with the scheme of including the phone numbers, it is an excellent idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Grey View Post
    I'm glad someone else has noticed this. At the moment many of the Thompson listings are incorrect for various reasons - pub name changes, demolition ect. Perhaps it might be advisable to discontinue the Thompson listing altogether.
    Continue with the scheme of including the phone numbers, it is an excellent idea.
    Sometimes the Thompsons listing has nothing to do with the pub at all but another nearby business, certainly often out of date ,maybe a delete button for those?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields