Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Birmingham Postcode Pub Crawl

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    Anyone wanting to review the pubs I have listed, please do. Goodness knows when I will get round to them, as I won't be in Brum a lot over the summer, and it may well be autumn/winter when I get round the next lot.

If my listing has got anyone fancying doing these - feel free. When I want to do my next jaunt, I will check them, and if they have been done I will find another - no problem.

I have been to the new Dragon Inn in Hurst Street before. Agree I will have to pop in again. Hoping to do an airport one tomorrow when we fly to IOM. There is one in each terminal I think.
    You may want to have a look at our currently hidden Isle of Man section. Hopefully to be fully reinstated when we go International.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Hopefully to be fully reinstated when we go International.
    Ohhhh.. looking forward to it! Do you know when it will be lauched?
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Not any time soon sadly. We used to cover IOM, but it was pointed out that we really shouldn't be listing it as a county under England, so we pulled it during the redesign a year or so back when we put the maps across the whole site.

There are a lot of technical hurdles to us solving International pubs, we need to have a standard way of keeping addresses that works for most countries and we need to be able to handle the maps. As things stand we have a outline for every county we list, say we list a pub in France, with our current system we would want an outline of the region it is in. Any way we solve all these issues is going to need a lot of re-engineering behind the scenes and is a long way down the list to the other improvements that would make the site better.

My hope is that we gradually solve different elements of it whilst we are doing other fixes, until it just kind of falls out of other work we are doing.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Just had a look at the site Conrad, thanks. If I can review on the hidden site for Isle of Man ok, I will do some when we get back. I have a list of the 27 Good Beer Guide pubs for starters, but will see how time permits for checking out others.

Going to be a fun filled week by the looks of it.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Yep, you can use IOM like any of the rest of the site, it is just not obviously linked from any part of the site. Because they use UK style postcodes they can be added like a UK pub. And we definitely welcome any new reviews!

I have just been looking round the places and see it is short of reviews.

Plenty of photos. I am so looking forward to this trip now. Am not taking laptop but a stupid 8 inch notepad thingy that is wi-fi'd so may be able to open new crawl thread while there, but don't count on it. Takes ages to navigate on it. Will take notes for return though.

I've just arranged to go to Birmingham tomorrow with the better half if there's any pubs that need looking at
    *insert something clever/humorous/interesting here*

Having just read RogerB's review of the Plough in Worcester, I think we'll be going to Worcester instead. If it's not what we're after we'll carry on to Birmingham. Simples
    *insert something clever/humorous/interesting here*

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Yep, you can use IOM like any of the rest of the site, it is just not obviously linked from any part of the site. Because they use UK style postcodes they can be added like a UK pub. And we definitely welcome any new reviews!
    Cannot enter 5 of the pubs I have been to on Isle of Man as message says they are not recognised as UK postcodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie86 View Post
    Having just read RogerB's review of the Plough in Worcester, I think we'll be going to Worcester instead. If it's not what we're after we'll carry on to Birmingham. Simples
    I think it was me, not Roger.

But if you do go try the Swan With Two Nicks and The Dragon as well, both closer to the station than The Plough, so you can call on the way back.
    Last edited by ROBCamra; 27-04-2010 at 10:00.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas