Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Birmingham Postcode Pub Crawl

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I used your villages to look for pubs, and it was easy from that to select ones that needed reviews or photos. Your villages look great the way they are listed.

Someone will probably beat me to the pubs now though as it will be for me to fill time in in the 2-3 days I have at home between jaunts. Thats no problem though as I can always check before doing a postcode to see how things are and change if necessary. I want to try to find new ones.

Off to IOM on Thursday, get back 22nd, then will go to Sheffield for Harlequin fest Friday. Devises for a couple of nights 29th on our way for 3 weeks in Cornwall. Unsure for Bank Holiday. May go over Newark way. Have 2 or 3 options open. 4th June caravan to Canterbury for a couple of nights en route to 3 weeks in Belgium.

Wonderful life..........

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    Sorry about the dog and blanket. It is the one by the library. There was always a Big Issue seller just outside and a lot of folk referred to it as the Dog and Blanket. There is a sentry box for the issue seller there now, and a kennel for the dog.
    Ha! You got me worried thinking there is new JDW in City Centre! That's the first time someone called it as Dog and Blanket instead of Wetherspoon. It is easily the most boring and worst of all in Bham's JDWs.

Seems you have missed out Dragonfly (Hurst Street) which stands almost opposite Hippodrome theatre. Darkish and hardened drinkers seems very popular in there.
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

[QUOTE=gillhalfpint;11657]I used your villages to look for pubs, and it was easy from that to select ones that needed reviews or photos. Your villages look great the way they are listed.QUOTE]

Thanks Gill, glad you find it user friendly.

Devizes sounds interesting from a pub and canal boat point of view.

I went to Canterbury in February. The Unicorn in St Dunstans St wasn't bad - busy at meal times. The Wetherspoons West Gate Inn was also popular
    Waes hael!

Spritzer Swallower

Gill,

I was going to do the Prince Hal as part of my getting to know East Birmingham and its one of my closest pubs, but will let you do that review, there are plenty more on my list!

Happy drinking

Danny

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ven View Post

Devizes sounds interesting from a canal boat point of view.
    Very good point Andy,the Caen Hill flight of locks is spectacular and well worth visiting when in the area.Hard work shifting a boat down that flight.My avatar picture is from there.

Spritzer Swallower

Here is the B postcode hit list. Hope it comes out OK.
    B9 Samson & Lion Yardley Greeen Rd
    B12 Hen & Chickens 128 Moseley St
    B19 Gunmakers 123 Gerrard St
    The above all closed last time I looked.

Are you sure Hen & Chickens is closed? May I ask you when you did visit it?

EDIT: Just checked on Streetview, indeed it is boarded up.
    Last edited by hopwas; 14-04-2010 at 14:07.
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Anyone wanting to review the pubs I have listed, please do. Goodness knows when I will get round to them, as I won't be in Brum a lot over the summer, and it may well be autumn/winter when I get round the next lot.

If my listing has got anyone fancying doing these - feel free. When I want to do my next jaunt, I will check them, and if they have been done I will find another - no problem.

I have been to the new Dragon Inn in Hurst Street before. Agree I will have to pop in again. Hoping to do an airport one tomorrow when we fly to IOM. There is one in each terminal I think.

I have been to the new Dragon Inn in Hurst Street before. Agree I will have to pop in again. Hoping to do an airport one tomorrow when we fly to IOM. There is one in each terminal I think.
    Doh! Dragonfly is in BIA main building while Dragon Inn is on Hurst St. Sorry I mixed up with dragon names!

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    The above all closed last time I looked.
    Hi Giant,

Welcome to Pubs Galore, myself and Dave M are the admins of the main site and this forum, so if you have any problems, queries or suggestions please do ask.

I have marked those 3 closed on the main site now, thanks a lot for letting us know about them.

Hope you enjoy your stay