Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: London again

Default London again

Hi all,

Staying overnight in London for the final ( this wembley lark is becoming a habit )

I will have all day on Saturday. The game isn't till 5.30 so plenty of scope for a few interesting pubs around lunchtime before I join the masses early afternoon. I know there are million options down the smoke but any suggestions will be considered.

On the Sunday my train out of Euston isn't till 10.30 ish. Any pubs open early doors on a Sunday nearby ??

Cheers,

Del.

I am a salmon !!

Try Camden/Kentish Town and Gospel Oak on the Saturday. You can get the Overground to Willesden Junction from Gospel Oak and change for Stonebridge Park or Wembley Central. Others will know specific pubs better than I do.
    You don't say where you are staying but I can't see anything other than Spoons opening early on a Sunday. I thought the Spoons at Camden Lock was a lot better and cheaper than I expected and it's a short bus ride to Euston.
    Forget Wembley, the pubs are awful! Even the Spoons is one of the worst in London or anywhere else come to think of it.

I'll stay on me own

The Euston Flyer should open at 10am on a Sunday it is just down from Euston station if heading towards Kings Cross or St Pancrass,it is a decent Fullers tied house.

Pubs open early in Spitalfields for the market,me and the wife found these to be a life saver after having a large crawl round Brighton then ending up drinking in Farringdon
    before finally crashing out at the travel lodge,when we found the Aldgate Exchange open just after 10 Sunday morning we were straight in for a few pick me up drinks,we also found a couple more pubs in the Spitalfields area that were open before 12.
    I car'nt comment on good pubs i do any pub that is open.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

According to What Pub the Parcel Yard at Kings X opens at 09:00 on a Sunday.
    It also says that O'Neills in Euston Road opens at 08:00 on Sunday. I've no idea if this is correct.
    I suspect you need deep pockets to go to any pubs in that area..

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    According to What Pub the Parcel Yard at Kings X opens at 09:00 on a Sunday...
    It certainly does as I have eaten breakfast in there just after nine on a Sunday. Can't remember if the pumps were in operation at that time though ...
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    According to What Pub the Parcel Yard at Kings X opens at 09:00 on a Sunday.
    It also says that O'Neills in Euston Road opens at 08:00 on Sunday. I've no idea if this is correct.
    I suspect you need deep pockets to go to any pubs in that area..
    I've certainly seen both open early on Sunday, and their respective websites confirm those opening times.

I am staying down from Liverpool Street. I was thinking of the spoons for a brekkie ( Either Hamilton Hall or one of the 2 in Holborn) but I might go for the O' Neills or the Parcel yard as I haven't been in either.

I am a salmon !!

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    The Euston Flyer should open at 10am on a Sunday it is just down from Euston station if heading towards Kings Cross or St Pancrass,it is a decent Fullers tied house.

Pubs open early in Spitalfields for the market,me and the wife found these to be a life saver after having a large crawl round Brighton then ending up drinking in Farringdon
    before finally crashing out at the travel lodge,when we found the Aldgate Exchange open just after 10 Sunday morning we were straight in for a few pick me up drinks,we also found a couple more pubs in the Spitalfields area that were open before 12.
    I car'nt comment on good pubs i do any pub that is open.
    I'm with you .... they don't have to be good pubs - I will go in any open pub !!!

I am a salmon !!