Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: i WILL DECIDE IF YOU WILL LIKE IT

This Space For Hire

Default i WILL DECIDE IF YOU WILL LIKE IT

While in the Jolly Butchers Stoke Newington last night a guy said to the barmaid I like an ordinary bitter which one do you recommend.Not easy really as they had 2 stouts 3 ipa,s an American brown and Magic Rock -ringmaster pale ale. She was unsure so I pointed at Ringmaster as a pale ale is just a pale bitter.She got a glass pulled a sample into it ,drank it and said its not really a bitter.He said forget it and plumped for the American brown.I said to him most pubs give you the sample not drink it themselves.He said I thought she was pouring it for me to try.Had me laughing all the way to the next pub which was Wetherspoons Rochester Castle.That pub certainly stopped me laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    While in the Jolly Butchers Stoke Newington last night a guy said to the barmaid I like an ordinary bitter which one do you recommend.Not easy really as they had 2 stouts 3 ipa,s an American brown and Magic Rock -ringmaster pale ale. She was unsure so I pointed at Ringmaster as a pale ale is just a pale bitter.She got a glass pulled a sample into it ,drank it and said its not really a bitter.He said forget it and plumped for the American brown.I said to him most pubs give you the sample not drink it themselves.He said I thought she was pouring it for me to try.Had me laughing all the way to the next pub which was Wetherspoons Rochester Castle.That pub certainly stopped me laughing.
    This just shows how out of touch these so-called craft places are with the general public. I ended up in the RC yesterday morning and as the beer selection was so poor ended up on the magnificent Gwynt Y Ddraig cider which oddly was 25p cheaper than the inferior Old Rosie. I went home with a spring and stagger in my step.
    Of course I couldn't have gone in the JB even if I had wanted to as it doesn't open until 16:00.