Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: London ..

Default London ..

Hi all,

I will be down Wembley for the semi final in April ( 5 long years since my last trip there !)

Unfortunately we are the Sunday match but I am still planning to hit a handful of pubs before / after the match.

We land at Marylebone fairly early ( by 10.30 if all goes to plan ) so hit me with some suggestions !

They don't have to be the greatest real ale pubs in the world - anything interesting will do. As you know to me a pub is a pub !!

Cheers,

Del.

I am a salmon !!

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

I really enjoyed the Barley Mow, before and after our defeat to Wigan. The ELB Jamboree was superb.
    The wooden alcoves are something of intrigue; sorry it didn't float the boat of its most recent, and respected, reviewer.
    Next trip there, vs Sunderland, it was closed - may be worth checking in advance...

ps. Look for the overland trains from Marylebone, ~12mins direct, especially good if allocated West side of stadium, though it beats the tube either way...
    Last edited by trainman; 01-04-2015 at 21:57.

Agree with Barley Mow. Pontefract Castle is a decent shout too - a Nicholsons, so you know what you're going to get.

The Carpenters Arms is a nice place, though a little small so it depends how many of you there are trying to squeeze in.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Pontefract has closed. More flats imminent...

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    I really enjoyed the Barley Mow, before and after our defeat to Wigan. The ELB Jamboree was superb.
    The wooden alcoves are something of intrigue; sorry it didn't float the boat of its most recent, and respected, reviewer.
    Next trip there, vs Sunderland, it was closed - may be worth checking in advance...

ps. Look for the overland trains from Marylebone, ~12mins direct, especially good if allocated West side of stadium, though it beats the tube either way...
    I will probably give the Barley Mow a go. The pubs close to Baker street / Marylebone will no doubt be heaving. Last time i went you couldn't get near the Globe.

We will probably nip off on the tube for a couple of hours as soon as we arrive.

We have got the West side of Wembley but I doubt i will bother trying to get a pint anywhere near there !

I am a salmon !!