Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Music in Pubs

Spritzer Swallower

Karaoke, nobody has mentioned Karaoke, the worst form of "entertainment" the pub business has ever seen, sing in your car, sing in the bath, sing down the football, but please don't assault my eardrums in the pub

Quote Originally Posted by Boots60 View Post
    Karaoke, nobody has mentioned Karaoke, the worst form of "entertainment" the pub business has ever seen, sing in your car, sing in the bath, sing down the football, but please don't assault my eardrums in the pub
    I'm in total agreement with that. If you're in a pub with a DJ why not go up and request the Avant Garde track from some years ago that was just four minutes of silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    the Avant Garde track from some years ago that was just four minutes of silence.
    John Cage's '4 minutes 33', I believe it was called. Now that really was a rip-off - he (or his publishing company) actually tried to claim royalties for people NOT playing their instruments.

But don't tell the trendier pub chains or they might get the idea of charging you £5.00 for an empty glass. Pint of Cage's Best, anyone?

I was in the Cross in Kinver on Saturday and there was a varied but inoffensive playlist going on in the background. As I was getting ready to leave Jefferson Airplane's "Somebody To Love" came on. If it had been followed by "White Rabbit" then I would have stayed for another pint.