Ads not shown when logged in
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Report A Picture

I would like to repeat that my original intention with this post was a facility to highlight pictures that are of the pub interior that appear on the front page, something that I come across on a regular basis. Maybe I shouldn't have bothered.

Sorry about that, I'll go to the proper place with my request.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Grey View Post
    Sorry about that, I'll go to the proper place with my request.
    Do you know where the proper place is? I certainly don't!
    I wasn't having a go here but feeling disappointed that the issue of pictures should or could be reported doesn't seem to have been addressed.
    For what it's worth I will highlight this pub which has internal pictures from 2011 that show on the front page. If nothing happens then I won't bother to report a nearby pub with the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Do you know where the proper place is? I certainly don't!
    I wasn't having a go here but feeling disappointed that the issue of pictures should or could be reported doesn't seem to have been addressed.
    For what it's worth I will highlight this pub which has internal pictures from 2011 that show on the front page. If nothing happens then I won't bother to report a nearby pub with the same issue.
    Maybe you should post here?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

How about here it does say it's for "Web site corrections and omissions" and is monitored for that by those that can. I believe all users can "supress", ie don't show on main page, their own photo's.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    How about here it does say it's for "Web site corrections and omissions" and is monitored for that by those that can. I believe all users can "supress", ie don't show on main page, their own photo's.
    OK, thanks for that and I believe you are right about suppressing your own pictures.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    OK, thanks for that and I believe you are right about suppressing your own pictures.
    It is for suppressing your pictures, not for someone not liking the picture and reporting it

As a picture uploader I do suppress some of mine, but I would be horrified to think anyone, except Dave & co, had the right to suppress any of mine just because in their opinion it did not meet their own criteria
    I drink to make others more interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    It is for suppressing your pictures, not for someone not liking the picture and reporting it

As a picture uploader I do suppress some of mine, but I would be horrified to think anyone, except Dave & co, had the right to suppress any of mine just because in their opinion it did not meet their own criteria
    Just to make it clear yet again that this is nothing to do with picture quality or artistic merit but the simple fact that under site guidelines internal pictures of pubs are not supposed to appear on the front page but in some cases do.

I'll stay on me own

There is a pretty dire picture of this pub http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubpictures/41125/ which seems to be the one that appears on the front page most times,there are two other photos which are a lot clearer and i have also added a very recent photo today which was taken last month.

I will leave it up to the admins to sort it out.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    There is a pretty dire picture of this pub http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubpictures/41125/ which seems to be the one that appears on the front page most times,there are two other photos which are a lot clearer and i have also added a very recent photo today which was taken last month.

I will leave it up to the admins to sort it out.
    We don't stop pictures on the grounds of quality even pictures of dirty bus windows with what might be a pub in the background. That's the rule, of course in a perfect world people would edit their own work a little more diligently.