Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Report A Picture

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    I was'nt being mardy about deleting my review and photo of the Three Tuns.

I did'nt go in the pub so my review saying it is closed and looks a state inside is not now needed on the site in my opinion,i will only delete reviews and photos of pubs that i have taken when trying to do the pub that is closed and then reopens.

Definatly not being mardy just trying to help.
    So I misunderstood. If I could have read the review, now...

And I still don't see a problem with a photo of the pub in a state of disrepair, as long as it doesn't appear on the front page. You can't restore the review (it would have the wrong date) but what about resubmitting the photo, for historical interest?
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    but what about resubmitting the photo, for historical interest?
    A good idea.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post

Surely all pictures are welcome as they are a great asset to the site, I just wish some people would edit their work a little better or at all in some well known cases.
    I just wonder if a polite PM to a photographer pointing out that the photo ,although valid,could be suppressed so that it does not appear on the pub's front page might do the trick.I am guilty of not looking back at the photos that I have submitted,given that a lot will now be approaching 5 years old,it is quite possible that the pub has changed significantly in that time and more recent photos would be better on the pubs front page.I would be quite happy to edit the photo so that it doesn't appear on the front page,if someone would just notify me by PM.

Obviously this option wont work for photographers who are not forum members,so this thread is the right place to raise the issue in these cases and would alert the "moderators" that a bit of judgement is required.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    I just wonder if a polite PM to a photographer pointing out that the photo ,although valid,could be suppressed so that it does not appear on the pub's front page might do the trick.I am guilty of not looking back at the photos that I have submitted,given that a lot will now be approaching 5 years old,it is quite possible that the pub has changed significantly in that time and more recent photos would be better on the pubs front page.I would be quite happy to edit the photo so that it doesn't appear on the front page,if someone would just notify me by PM.

Obviously this option wont work for photographers who are not forum members,so this thread is the right place to raise the issue in these cases and would alert the "moderators" that a bit of judgement is required.
    Likewise, if someone spots any of mine that are out of date for any reason I'd be quite happy to suppress them from the main page.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

I have been trawling through my photos and deleting any that are really bad , and there were some terrible ones , dont know what i was thinking

Most of my photos are also several years old so i try to keep them off the main pages whether they are internal or outside shots allthough the odd one does slip through .
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

I don't think the age of a photo comes in to it ,as long as the quality is ok, an old picture enhances the data base as far as I am concerned.
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I don't think the age of a photo comes in to it ,as long as the quality is ok, an old picture enhances the data base as far as I am concerned.
    +1 Historical timeline is what we should be maintaining even including times of vacancy,neglect and potentially total dereliction.... I assume this speak of "main page" is relating to pictures appearing in such zones as "randomise pub" and clicking on a pub without tapping through to the pub pictures tab.
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 15-03-2015 at 21:51.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    I assume this speak of "main page" is relating to pictures appearing in such zones as "randomise pub" and clicking on a pub without tapping through to the pub pictures tab.
    That's a long winded way of defining it but you are correct!!

Please can you suppress the photo of MBargo, the former name of Turtle Bay in Cheltenham.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Grey View Post
    Please can you suppress the photo of MBargo, the former name of Turtle Bay in Cheltenham.
    Which photo and why?
    -W.C.Fields