Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Where are they now?

Default Where are they now?

I am sure Iv'e seen a similar thread on here before ,but can't find it, looking through some old threads it struck me that quite a few names from the past some quite a while ago and before my time here, but also some more recent have been conspicuous by there absence,I wonder what happened to make them disappear from these pages, some just move on to other things I suppose, and hopefully nothing more sinister than that, but Some just vanish without explanation, I am just curious. Here are some names from the past.
    Filo, arkwrite, Hopwas, Running Dog, Eddie 86. Spinko, Arthurish, and a couple of more recent absentees, Millay and Paul Of Horsham.
    Anybody know what they are up to now?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

arkwrite and Running Dog were/are a couple of old boys who both had health problems , i know arkwrite had trouble with internet connections after his wife passed on and he had to move .
    Eddie86 was doing a Brewing course last i heard , his family run a pub(or did) in Hay on Wye .
    Hoppy(Hopwas) was the most active poster on here for years , but when it got popular he lost intrest .

There are a few others that do not post anymore or rarely , myself included .
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    arkwrite and Running Dog were/are a couple of old boys who both had health problems , i know arkwrite had trouble with internet connections after his wife passed on and he had to move .
    Eddie86 was doing a Brewing course last i heard , his family run a pub(or did) in Hay on Wye .
    Hoppy(Hopwas) was the most active poster on here for years , but when it got popular he lost intrest .

There are a few others that do not post anymore or rarely , myself included .
    Thanks Oggy, I nearly put your name on the list but knew you were still about as you were still reviewing.
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post

Eddie 86.
    Anybody know what they are up to now?
    Eddie86 is bored of the beer in Yorkshire:http://studentbrewer.blogspot.co.uk/
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Eddie86 is bored of the beer in Yorkshire:http://studentbrewer.blogspot.co.uk/
    Hmm ,our current Yorkshire dwellers seem to do alright for beer variety, I know its a big place but if thats all he can get in his locality ,he has my sympathy.
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Hmm ,our current Yorkshire dwellers seem to do alright for beer variety, I know its a big place but if thats all he can get in his locality ,he has my sympathy.
    The thing is Moby, rural North Yorkshire is a very different beast to the big urban centres. It often feels like Theakston's and Black Sheep have every pub in every village tied up. They're not semi-jokingly called the 'Yorkshire mafia' for nothing.

Spinko, one of Quinno's old uni crowd, used to post regularly when he lived in Leeds. (However, for some reason he stopped when he moved over the Pennines, to Manchester). It used to amuse 'old boots' and me no end that he'd bought a flat opposite Tetley's brewery (RIP) and used to complain about the noise!
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    The thing is Moby, rural North Yorkshire is a very different beast to the big urban centres. It often feels like Theakston's and Black Sheep have every pub in every village tied up. They're not semi-jokingly called the 'Yorkshire mafia' for nothing.
    North Yorkshire is not alone, try South Hampshire, Fullers [ex Gales] wall to wall mostly, at least it is not Brickwoods
    I drink to make others more interesting

This Space For Hire

It seems to be the same on most forums.I have noticed over the years that camra forums,ratebeer forums,pug, beer advocate and bite forums only have about 10-20 regular posters.Even the hundreds of beer blogs if you look at the comments are the same few people commenting.I suppose there is only so much you can say before you start repeating yourself,repeating yourself. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    It seems to be the same on most forums.I have noticed over the years that camra forums,ratebeer forums,pug, beer advocate and bite forums only have about 10-20 regular posters.Even the hundreds of beer blogs if you look at the comments are the same few people commenting.I suppose there is only so much you can say before you start repeating yourself,repeating yourself. cheers
    I thought there was a theory that the rise of Facebook and Twitter are partly to blame.