Ads not shown when logged in
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sort it out Dave, do some updates!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Really struggling to find the time at the moment, will sort out backlogs soon though.
    Any sign of a window yet? Over a month behind with getting on for 150 new entries awaiting approval.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Any sign of a window yet? Over a month behind with getting on for 150 new entries awaiting approval.
    It becomes an increasing problem as you don't know whether to add new pubs in case someone else already has. Going through 150 entries to try and check is just not on.
    I just hope that the majority of the new entries are not primarily restaurants or night clubs.

This Space For Hire

There seems a couple of duplicates around London from memory when I checked, only really bothered about anything new close to me tbh. Although I must admit one of my own doing due to 4G fail when adding while out in Swindon and page didn't seem to submit completed hit "Add pub" again button and it duplicated it.

I think the current blessed admin team could be trusted with new pub additions and those that are borderline/closed recently requested to be added could be referred back to Dave to take the final decision.

This Space For Hire

Any free time available Dave? Numbers getting quite high now of pubs awaiting approval.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Any free time available Dave? Numbers getting quite high now of pubs awaiting approval.
    Agreed, I had a quick look a week or so ago and noticed that two I added over a month ago have been added by other people.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Agreed, I had a quick look a week or so ago and noticed that two I added over a month ago have been added by other people.
    There is a couple absolute gems hidden in there a duplicate with about 6 entries 5 by the same person in East Kilbride iirc and a couple in London.

I feel reluctant to add any new pubs given the situation where the backlog is now at least six weeks adrift. I know for a fact that What Pub is ahead of the game and if it gets to the stage where BITE is ahead then I think this site will completely lose all credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I feel reluctant to add any new pubs given the situation where the backlog is now at least six weeks adrift. I know for a fact that What Pub is ahead of the game and if it gets to the stage where BITE is ahead then I think this site will completely lose all credibility.
    BITE are ahead of the game! The Upminster Tap Room is on their site and was added by me to here in January (added by others since). Quite a few new micropubs opened in February but I'm not even going to think about checking any until the backlog is cleared. Surely someone else can be co-opted to sort this out.

We have lift-off!

New pub approved, however Natterjacks has my review under Dave's name!!!

Sort it out Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    New pub approved, however Natterjacks has my review under Dave's name!!!
    Just figured out why that happened!

Almost an hour of reading through code to find a seriously elegant part that Conrad wrote buried very deep in the core where I rarely delve. Going to need a bit of testing to make sure I don't massively screw up the site.