Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sort it out Dave, do some updates!

Default Sort it out Dave, do some updates!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Yes I am pulling the national data once a day but as usual with these things matching up the data isn't as easy as it might seem. So far I've matched up about 33,000 pubs this list shows the number of pubs with each rating that I've matched http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/stats/pu...giene-ratings/

I've not done a bulk hot food on the basis of it as places can be rated even if they don't actually prepare any food (no I don't understand that either!)
    Wouldn't it be more useful to keep the new pubs added and other amendments up to date?

Yeah I appreciate things are getting behind again and it is frustrating, I did notice your other post the other day.

As you suggested it would be good if other admins were able to approve the new pubs - that is coming, hopefully in the next month.

Yeah I appreciate things are getting behind again and it is frustrating, I did notice your other post the other day.

As you suggested it would be good if other admins were able to approve the new pubs - that is coming, hopefully in the next month.
    Thanks for that and I would like to point out that I didn't actually write the headline for this post, although it does reflect my opinion.
    It's nice to see an increasing number of reviews from new people appearing, some from the dark side.
    Self promotion posts should be celebrated as it means the site has credibility and few people would not be able to recognise them for what they are.
    The What Pub links are a real plus for the site mainly for the opening hours.
    I get the impression there is a certain amount of co-operation between the two sites and that can only be a good thing as long as the two sites remain independent as they have a significantly different function.
    Maybe there is a case to be made for a link between here and the Lost Pubs Project for closed pubs.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    The What Pub links are a real plus for the site mainly for the opening hours.
    They aren't always correct but offer a good basis for planning visits and pursuing further research/confirmation phone call to confirm times.

Thanks for that and I would like to point out that I didn't actually write the headline for this post.
    Who did then ?

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    They aren't always correct but offer a good basis for planning visits and pursuing further research/confirmation phone call to confirm times.
    Agree with this.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Who did then ?

I originally posted in the name and shame topic about pubs with zero hygiene ratings and it has been given a new thread. I think that the upkeep of new outlets is a lot more important than this as long as they are not off licences, residential hotel bars or night clubs.

I originally posted in the name and shame topic about pubs with zero hygiene ratings and it has been given a new thread. I think that the upkeep of new outlets is a lot more important than this as long as they are not off licences, residential hotel bars or night clubs.
    Yeah I felt it deserved a new thread. The title was my best guess at what you might actually be thinking, plus a good way to give me a kick up the backside

As you say really the most important thing for the site is that new pubs get added as quickly as possible. I like to think that people probably keep coming back to the site because it is more accurate than most.

So feel free to post in here when you think standards are slipping and I'll try to sort it out.

I think that the upkeep of new outlets is a lot more important than this as long as they are not off licences, residential hotel bars or night clubs.
    Im with you on that.

. I like to think that people probably keep coming back to the site because it is more accurate than most.
    I would agree with that. We're certainly more up to date than TDS, TripAdvisor or WhatPub.

I think two things make that possible: the dedication and integrity of the regular contributors and the high standard of moderation which stops people being put off by abuse and petty argument.

Yeah I felt it deserved a new thread. The title was my best guess at what you might actually be thinking, plus a good way to give me a kick up the backside

As you say really the most important thing for the site is that new pubs get added as quickly as possible. I like to think that people probably keep coming back to the site because it is more accurate than most.

So feel free to post in here when you think standards are slipping and I'll try to sort it out.
    Many thanks for that. I see the new pubs have been updated and I for one am very grateful for that as I'm sure are many others.