Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Re-writing History

Default Re-writing History

In a recent thread on another topic, someone asked whether it would be possible to delete old photos of a pub as they contained the livery of a previous business which owned the pub. The Mod kindly explained that pictures aren't deleted but disabled so they don't show on the front page when the pub's entry is viewed.

I am grateful to the Mod (Will) for his response, since, had the pics been deleted, it could have been construed as an attempt to hide the pub's prrevious history. While I imply no nefarious motive in requesting the deletion - it may have been an attempt to disassociate the current business with previous problems, or it may have been for commercial reasons - I think that to have complied with the request would have been the thin end of the wedge; it would open the door for every landlord or manager to have all negative comments, contentious remarks or plain uncomfortable truths removed, and in doing so, made this site far less useful and honest.

This week's nomination for the Winston Smith Integrity Award goes to Sheffield hatter.
    Last edited by ETA; 06-02-2015 at 13:59.

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    This week's nomination for the Winston Smith Integrity Award goes to Sheffield hatter.
    I wouldn't have been able to comply even if threatened with Room 101! But thanks for the nomination, anyway.
    Come On You Hatters!